iMessage for Android

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
There's been rumors that iMessage will become available on Android devices after the WWDC keynote presentation today. Do you think that it will be a good move from Apple, or will it result in less of an incentive to switch to Apple? I know many people that simply have Apple devices because they want access to features like iMessage and FaceTime.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think the draw to Apple products is SO much more than just the messenger. I think this is a good move. I think any lost business will be more than made up for with good will earned and people less likely to hate Apple and their "closed Eco system" now that it's (if rumors are true) going to be opening up a bit! :)

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
With the announcement today it would be nice of apple to bring iMessage to Android.. it will save me from buying an iPhone! My girlfriend pressures me every year to buy an iPhone because of iMessage and now apple added some really cool features into iMessage that would leave me feeling left out.. so I hope they do , if they don't then it looks like I'm gonna have to go to the dark side in the near future! 😔

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
With the announcement today it would be nice of apple to bring iMessage to Android.. it will save me from buying an iPhone! My girlfriend pressures me every year to buy an iPhone because of iMessage and now apple added some really cool features into iMessage that would leave me feeling left out.. so I hope they do , if they don't then it looks like I'm gonna have to go to the dark side in the near future!

Honestly don't think they're going to then. Today would have been the perfect venue to announce it.

After today I'm thinking of switching back to Android. What a joke of an update Apple continues to focus on the stupidest things with each iteration of iOS.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly don't think they're going to then. Today would have been the perfect venue to announce it.

After today I'm thinking of switching back to Android. What a joke of an update Apple continues to focus on the stupidest things with each iteration of iOS.
I agree! A lot of the things they announced are so not necessary but seriously the pressure I have around me is real! 😂 My whole family have iPhones including most my friends and coworkers! I will definitely feel left out the iMessage convos! I don't think my HTC m8 will be able to receive the new things that iMessage will be able to do.. 😔

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree! A lot of the things they announced are so not necessary but seriously the pressure I have around me is real! My whole family have iPhones including most my friends and coworkers! I will definitely feel left out the iMessage convos! I don't think my HTC m8 will be able to receive the new things that iMessage will be able to do..

Yeah I feel man it would be hard to leave since 95% of people I know have iPhones and I'm even in a group thread of people from this forum.

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
There's been rumors that iMessage will become available on Android devices after the WWDC keynote presentation today. Do you think that it will be a good move from Apple, or will it result in less of an incentive to switch to Apple? I know many people that simply have Apple devices because they want access to features like iMessage and FaceTime.

I switch back and forth between iOS and android almost monthly because I love both systems. Seems like sometimes I get bored with iOS. But when i get on android. I find myself missing the easiness of Apple systems (iOS) as well as the iMessaging. I also don't like texting people with my iPhone that don't have iMessaging. So if they do that, that would be sweet! My fianc? has android and I have iPhone. We could see when each other reads the others' texts which helps us know if the other is busy or not. Or if she is just ignoring me. Lol joke. I think it'll be a great move.

Edit: I found this. It doesn't look like it's going to happen from what I can see.
http://9to5mac.com/2016/06/16/imessage-not-coming-to-android/

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So long as the iPhone is the iPhone and Google struggles with their flagship devices, the availability of iMessage on Android will have little to no effect on sales.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2