Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default How do I clear cache and temporary storage on iOS's native Email app?

Hi...

Anyone can help how to clear cache / temporary storage on iphone native email app?

I check on the application storage, it occupy 2 GB of my internal storage.

Thank you

Default re: How do I clear cache and temporary storage on iOS's native Email app?

I'd delete the account and add it again. Make sure you have the details (server, password, etc. handy if needed)

Good luck!
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Default re: How do I clear cache and temporary storage on iOS's native Email app?

oh ok, is that the only way to do it? Thanks
    iMore Intermediate

Try going to the APP store. Once it loads tap any of the 5 icons on the bottom of the screen, Featured - Top Charts - Explore - Purchased - Updates, 9 or ten times. The screen will go blank and then reload. This is supposed to clear application cache/temporary file storage. Then at any screen hold the power button down until you see the Slide to Power off screen. Then hold the Home button for about 5 seconds until the Home screen comes back on. This is also supposed to clear temporary files.

It work for me on my iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2. I also do those steps after I use the Facebook APP to make sure everything is cleared out from that APP.

It seems to work very good.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Newbie

Hi, tried above method but email storage is still big 2GB

Quote Originally Posted by aspireca View Post
    oh ok, is that the only way to do it? Thanks
    Go through your emails and delete all the photos, images and videos. Those take a lot of space.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Go through your emails and delete all the photos, images and videos. Those take a lot of space.
    How to do it?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aspireca View Post
    How to do it?
    Thanks
    I just delete the emails. All those with photos and videos. I don't save them. I do save photos and videos to the camera roll. Then upload them to Box. But the emails I delete.

Default Re: How do I clear cache and temporary storage on iOS's native Email app?

***moved to iOS subforum***
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I clear cache and temporary storage on iOS's native Email app?

I have 2gb ram and 64gb. But I get messages that Ram is full. But I have used only 12gb of 64gb. How do I clear 2gb?
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juzly View Post
    I have 2gb ram and 64gb. But I get messages that Ram is full. But I have used only 12gb of 64gb. How do I clear 2gb?
    You don't need to worry about RAM. IOS manages RAM very well. It may say it's low, but it'll take care of it. You don't need do a thing.