What are some features you would like to have for iOS 10?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
More customisation for Do not Disturb. I have a home automation system which notifies me with any events such as kids bedroom windows open after 8pm or a water leak by the dishwasher. I'd like this to make my phone beep but not Twitter for example.

The ability to choose what's in Control Centre (like everyone else)

The ability to uninstall the default Apple apps that just get rejected to one "spares" folder. IE: Tips, stocks, Find my friends......

That'll do for me

asherN

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Being able to specify an app to start when charging. I use my phone as my nightstand clock. Would love to be able to start my alarm clock when I put the phone in the dock. My Nexus5 could do that.

technonene

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I would like to be able to organize control center, chose what to display there, uninstall system apps, change the defaults and like the f.lux developers purposed an API for the developers to extend night shift functionality.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Syncing iMessage on all devices & Macs so when you delete one iMessage it's deletes them accross the board.
Good Luck

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Being able to specify an app to start when charging. I use my phone as my nightstand clock. Would love to be able to start my alarm clock when I put the phone in the dock. My Nexus5 could do that.

I would be interested to see what happens when AMOLED is introduced to the iPhone.

My list
Fix Photos
Fix  Music
Fix Airplay to work like Google Cast
Four window support for iPad
Dual screen for iPhone plus models

Fact is, Apple needs to better cater iOS to the various screen sizes. the 6s+ is a LOT of real estate.

Peggyt32

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Here is my very long ios 10 wishlist. I hope apple can add least half of this and allow users more choices for IOS 10.

1. allow lte use of facetime, youtube, and app store downloads for unlimited data plan users to have option to choose.
2, View save wifi passwords list.
3. A modern unobtrusive volume slider!
4. Use Touch ID sensor as Home button.
5. Music player widget would be nice. WHY NOt?
6. pin screenshots on the screen.
7. Precision audio scrubbing!
8. Pause/resume video recording
9. Organize lockscreen notifications
10. Change power alerts into banner notifications
11. Resize one hand mode for plus size iphones to fit thumb reach as opposed to iphone's reachability which auto forces you out of one hand mode.
12. Option to remove ios blur views & also on lockscreen
13. Stop apps redirecting to APP store it's really annoying now!
14. Fold notifications.
15.Edit and change id tag metadata album art,
16. open map links in Google maps. sorry but google maps is superior.
17.Add widgets on pages!
18. hide conversations in messages app
19.un-mirror the camera preview for selfies! duh!
20. centralized toggle system for more cc controls options.
21. CC controls in Notification Center
22.Dim you screen even further!
23. Date in Status bar.
24. Centralized quick reply system for messages.
25. Confirm dialog before calls/sms/emails etc. How many times have I accidently butt or pocket dialed my friends?
26. Order cellular data usage by size
27. Redesign the incoming call view to allow you to use your device while it's ringing. Answer, decline, a call without stopping what you're doing.
28. Calendar for Lockscreen to display upcoming calendar event on the lock screen so I can easily see my schedule at a glance and not disappear after unlocking.
29.open links in 3rd party browsers instead of safari. I use Puffin Pro because it's way faster!
30. Apple Music fully customizable tabs layout, add remove and reorder the music app tabs without restriction. Hide/Show unwanted elements.
31. Keep icons where I want them and not automatically scrunch together. Drag and drop icons into position where I want them.
32.A centralized gestures shortcut. There's no end to the possibilities.

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Finally there's someone who's not an isheep! Amen to your list! Are you jailbroken? Apple will never allow users this kind freedom to control the iphone. Your list are all ideas the jailbreak community already created. I hope apple continues to steals more ideas from the JB community developers. Where do you think ios 9.3 nightshift came from? Cough... cough..... f. Lux Nice job on your list, i applaud your boldness.

Devmer11

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Syncing iMessage on all devices & Macs so when you delete one iMessage it's deletes them accross the board.
Good Luck

Definitely it's annoying having the same message on my watch and iPad even if I've deleted it also it would be preferable to allow the syncing of notifications so if I dismiss it on one device it dismisses on the other devices

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have not been using iOS much regularly, so some of the items below may already be possible in iOS 9.x, but are some of the features and flexibility I'd like to see in iOS 10. Some or all of the suggestions below have likely already been surfaced, however, are enhancements I think would make iOS more appealing capable, and flexible.

1. Place and arrange icons wherever I want on the homescreen(s).
2. A native iOS local user space "My Files" or "Documents" just like on OS X, Windows, Android, Linux.
3. Ability to download files from Safari and store them in the native iOS local user space "My Files" or "Documents".
4. Ability to download files from Safari and store them in a cloud storage service like iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive... - if this feature does not already exist.
5. Ability to drag/drop documents, files, music, etc. from a computer to the native iOS local user space "My Files" or "Documents" just like on Android, BBOS.
6. An "Advanced Settings" mode for those who want more control over the various settings, ability to enable and expose advanced features, or just want to learn more about options available. A feature that can be turned on/off.
7. Ability to choose default apps, say Google Maps as the default over Apple Maps.
8. "Share to/with" capability like that available on Android today.
9. A notification feature that can illuminate the home button similar to the notification lights available on various Android and Blackberry devices. A feature that can be turned on/off. Realize that hardwear capability at the home button level must exist.
10. Support for iOS level Apple Pencil integration and capabilities with the native iOS apps (3rd party even better) just like on the Note 5. If the iPhone 7 Plus had a physical slot to hold an Apple Pencil (sized for the phone form factor) that would be even better. Realize that hardware capability/form factor must exist.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR