Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    razza1987's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,239 Global Posts

    Default No alphabetical order?

    It just occurred to me from using an android as well that there doesn't seem to be a way to automatically put apps in alphabetical order on iOS. Is this the case or am I missing something?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: No alphabetical order?

    Automatically? No.

    You can drag/drop them in order, which is what I do. My main screen is my most used apps in an order by category, so social together, utilities together, etc. Second screen is all folders, in ABC order, with the apps inside them in ABC order. Doesn't take long to move them around.
    razza1987 likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    razza1987's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,239 Global Posts

    Default No alphabetical order?

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Automatically? No.

    You can drag/drop them in order, which is what I do. My main screen is my most used apps in an order by category, so social together, utilities together, etc. Second screen is all folders, in ABC order, with the apps inside them in ABC order. Doesn't take long to move them around.
    Well damn that sucks. Something android does better than ios I guess. It also annoys the hell out of me that on iOS I can't just put apps on the bottom row of a screen. That in order for there to be apps on the bottom row the other rows have to be completely filled. It's annoying.

    Thanks for confirming my suspicions though
  4. #4  

    Default Re: No alphabetical order?

    You can put them in the dock, but that's it.

    If you want to jailbreak, however, you can arrange them wherever you want, from what I understand. It's been a while since I looked at it, but if you want Android level customization, it may be worth looking into for you. I tried it once and dind't like it. Much prefer the stock iOS
  5. #5  
    scruffypig's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    566 Posts

    Default No alphabetical order?

    Quote Originally Posted by razza1987 View Post
    Well damn that sucks. Something android does better than ios I guess. It also annoys the hell out of me that on iOS I can't just put apps on the bottom row of a screen. That in order for there to be apps on the bottom row the other rows have to be completely filled. It's annoying.

    Thanks for confirming my suspicions though
    That it is better or not is subjective. I don't personally care for alphabetical order, instead of what I use the most. I like having Facebook right next to Facebook Messenger and Facebook Groups, alphabetically, they would be separated since, those apps are labeled "Messenger" and "Groups". To each their own.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    razza1987's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,239 Global Posts

    Default Re: No alphabetical order?

    Quote Originally Posted by scruffypig View Post
    That it is better or not is subjective. I don't personally care for alphabetical order, instead of what I use the most. I like having Facebook right next to Facebook Messenger and Facebook Groups, alphabetically, they would be separated since, those apps are labeled "Messenger" and "Groups". To each their own.
    Maybe so but at least on Android you have the option to choose
  7. #7  

    Default Re: No alphabetical order?

    I use folders. But care nothing for alphabetical order either. It doesn't fit how I organize my screen. I think it would be a bit odd having my apps in alphabetical order.
  8. #8  
    Michol Kim's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    91 Posts

    Default Re: No alphabetical order?

    So if my most used app is Zoosk and my least used app is Apple Store then I have to scroll all the way to the back just to use that app every time while having rarely used apps in the front? Alphabetical would be a pain for me. Thank goodness this benefit is subjective.
  9. #9  
    katesbb's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    140 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,128 Global Posts

    Default Re: No alphabetical order?

    Quote Originally Posted by razza1987 View Post
    It just occurred to me from using an android as well that there doesn't seem to be a way to automatically put apps in alphabetical order on iOS. Is this the case or am I missing something?
    I've never tried this, but apparently you can:

    Settings
    General
    Reset
    Reset Home Screen Layout

    That supposedly puts the stock Apple apps into their default locations, and everything else alphabetical after that.
  10. #10  
    scruffypig's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    566 Posts

    Default No alphabetical order?

    Quote Originally Posted by razza1987 View Post
    Maybe so but at least on Android you have the option to choose
    Is there an easy way to create a list view of your stock app launcher with stock Android OS without installing a 3rd party launcher or theme?
    Last edited by scruffypig; 11-22-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 11:09 AM
  2. New 6s not having LTE and showing 'No Service'
    By deedeebear in forum iPhone 6s
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-22-2015, 10:04 AM
  3. Offline Messaging (no internet required)
    By genoist in forum Mac Apps & Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2015, 01:05 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2015, 08:36 PM
  5. No messages coming to iphone
    By Vbtb7813 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2015, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions