iOS backups after downgrading
I just read the support article from apple - HT203282 - about doing an Archive backup, which I did NOT do before putting iOS 9 on my phone.
I downgraded my phone back to iOS 8.4.1 tonight and found that I had no iCloud backup to restore from. My question is, when iOS 9 releases this fall, will I be able to restore from the backups I had been doing while running iOS 9?
Any thoughts on how to proceed from this point... Is it worth putting iOS 9 Public Beta back on my iPhone to get my backups working again?
- Best AnswerAug 19 2015 | 9:27 am EDT
Stay on 8.1.4 - make a backup with that prior to updating to the final iOS9 release then restore that backup to iOS9.
- 08-19-2015, 09:27 AM #2
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-02-2015, 11:46 AM
- By moizkhan22 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 08-18-2015, 02:54 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2015, 08:21 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2015, 05:18 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-17-2015, 05:15 PM