When do you think Apple will take off the training wheels and give us Android-like options?

reprep

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
First off I hate iOS and android but iOS doesn't make me want to break my phone. The only reason I have internet in my place is because Apple doesn't allow big downloads or phones to be backed up ota. When do you think Apple will take off the training wheels and give us a option like on android phones.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS training wheels

First off I hate iOS and android but iOS doesn't make me want to break my phone. The only reason I have internet in my place is because Apple doesn't allow big downloads or phones to be backed up ota. When do you think Apple will take off the training wheels and give us a option like on android phones.

If that's what you're waiting for, you best just pack up now and head out. It's not going to happen.

And understand that a lot of that has to do with Apple implementing the limits dictated by the carriers. Neither want the backlash that comes from customers irate that they blew through their data caps downloading an update to iOS, etc.

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
When do you think Apple will take off the training wheels and give us Android...

Just jailbreak your phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Apple will, at least not anytime soon. Too many people don't know how to play with advanced settings on their devices and end up bricking them. If a lot of people are bricking their iPhones Apple can't say that iPhones just work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2