Last.FM and scrobbling

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
One of the major deciding factors in whether or not I will switch platforms is whether or not Last.FM scrobbling works well. Android supports out of the box background scrobbling and caching. Windows Phone has ScrobbleMe to cache any tracks listened. And on iPhone, there is (was?) QuietScrob.

QuietScrob was awesome until last night. It supported live scrobbling and caching until the most recent update, which breaks that support. Unfortunately, iDevices only keep a runner of songs played if those particular songs have been played through 100%. Switching songs with 20 seconds left unfortunately just doesn't cut it. Now this is a major issue. For now, I'm okay in that I haven't updated the QuietScrob app, but I know it's just a matter of time before either the app ceases to function or I accidentally tap that evil "update all" button in the App Store.

Are there any other apps that you guys know about as a plan B? Unfortunately, my 4S is currently on iOS 8.3, meaning I can't jailbreak. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so. I think I'm shell shocked from Windows Phone a little bit... usually you don't have a lot of variety or choice. If one app can't do it, chances are the others can't either.

I already found an alternative in ShareTunes for the time being. Figured I'd respond in case anybody else has this problem in the future. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro