Transferring everything from old iphone to new iPhone

thebart

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm upgrading my mom from iphone 4s to 6. . I backed up the old phone with iTunes and restored to new phone. She has her apps and contacts and wallpapers etc. But her memo recording did not get transferred, nor the mp3 files that she side loaded.

How can I transfer EVERYTHING over? The previous time she upgraded I think she went to the Apple store or at&t and they did it for her. I'd rather save her a trip if it's not too much trouble for me to do.

Thanks

(Incidentally I find iTunes horribly confusing. I never figured out all that syncing stuff. Like when I click sync it warns me it's about to erase what's on the phone. What? No! I just want to do it old school and drag and drop files.)

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
iTunes won't erase everything that's already up there. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPod touch 5th generation (don't have another iPhone - yet) and I have many of the same things on both devices. Apps and music are never an issue, but you might want to copy and paste photos from the iPhone 4S to the computer so you can transfer them to her new iPhone 6. As for contacts, hmm... Not sure about those since I've only ever owned one iPhone. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner