iOS needs to add a refund system like Google play store

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
One of the reasons I love android is that they allow you to get a refund within a certain timeframe only after the first time you buy that app. So if you say bought the game sims 3 which is like $6.99 and wanted a refund because you think it costs to much for the content or is buggy or don't work with your phone you can ask for a refund by going to the app in the play store. If you decide to buy it again in the future you can't ask for a refund for that app.

I think Apple should implement something like this with their App Store and I would like to see the FTC or whichever agency controlling this stuff make it a requirement for this to happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrawer

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Certainly don't want the FTC involved BUT I will say Google Play's refund within 15 minutes (or whatever it is lately) was a very nice feature.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure there are a good deal of customers who would prefer a Google-like refund policy, but I don't think Apple "needs" to institute one. It's current refund policy is sufficient, in my opinion. Apple went above and beyond for me in a dispute I had with a game developer a while back.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm always careful what I buy. I read all I can find about it. I read the reviews. I listen to what others say about it from various sources. If it's less than $5 I don't worry with it. I still may ask for a refund though. :)

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've always had good experiences with all types of Apple refunds.
I requested a refund on app last year and I think it was less than 24 hours like $7.00. I shop for apps like anything else. I look for quality, reputation and reviews and need.

A user may not like a refund policy of a company doesn't make it unfair in any sense.
Apple's Refund policy is made public and readily available to consumers.

It's really simple. If a user doesn't like a store's refund policy don't shop there.
Of send feedback to Apple about their refund policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Apple refund policy isn't unfair or anything but makes it much more work than it has to be. I asked for a refund for an app years ago and they gave me a refund no problem. I think that a play store like way would make less calls or email to reps and leaves them to more important things people might have

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they need to add a system as it seems the current one works efficiently. It's not flawless but I'm glad it's functional and follows a process

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't think they need to add a system as it seems the current one works efficiently. It's not flawless but I'm glad it's functional and follows a process

How is it efficient ? I have to call a rep or email or chat for a refund which takes away that rep from helping someone who might have a real major issue with his or her device which tbh a refund. Could of been done by self help and leaving up lines for help to people with more pressing issues . Does it work ? Yes it does . Could it be done by your self and a click of a button and freeing up reps to help with more glaring issues ? Yes it could. I don't mind it at all since talking to a rep os quick and easy once I get to one but I'm just used to pushing a button for a refund on my phone and would be totally nice to do it on my iPad

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
How is it efficient ? I have to call a rep or email or chat for a refund which takes away that rep from helping someone who might have a real major issue with his or her device which tbh a refund. Could of been done by self help and leaving up lines for help to people with more pressing issues . Does it work ? Yes it does . Could it be done by your self and a click of a button and freeing up reps to help with more glaring issues ? Yes it could. I don't mind it at all since talking to a rep os quick and easy once I get to one but I'm just used to pushing a button for a refund on my phone and would be totally nice to do it on my iPad

There are benefits to talking to a rep for the refund and it may also curb people from abusing the refund system which frees up reps to help other users in the end. There could be a digital backlog if they were to have the other type of refund system.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
There are benefits to talking to a rep for the refund and it may also curb people from abusing the refund system would frees up reps to help other users in the end. There could be a digital backlog if they were to have the other type of refund system.

How would a person abuse it ? If it works like google play it is very simple . You have 120 minutes (2 hours) from downloading i think (was 15 minutes before ) any app you paid money for . If you did it within the time frame you get a refund . If you download the same app again you can't ask for a refund again. Now let's say I buy uhhh xcom or Star Wars knight of the old republic on my android phone . I ask for a refund within the time frame and get it . Now I say buy it again 2 weeks from now . I can't ask for another refund

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
How would a person abuse it ? If it works like google play it is very simple . You have 120 minutes (2 hours) from downloading i think (was 15 minutes before ) any app you paid money for . If you did it within the time frame you get a refund . If you download the same app again you can't ask for a refund again. Now let's say I buy uhhh xcom or Star Wars knight of the old republic on my android phone . I ask for a refund within the time frame and get it . Now I say buy it again 2 weeks from now . I can't ask for another refund

There are some users who will find ways to exploit each type of system for piracy and I assume that Apple chose this path as it fits the business model they would like to create. I am well aware of the refund system of Android but it seems that is not the system that Apple has chosen to implement in their App Store or iTunes.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
There are some users who will find ways to exploit each type of system for piracy and I assume that Apple chose this path as it fits the business model they would like to create. I am well aware of the refund system of Android but it seems that is not the system that Apple has chosen to implement in their App Store or iTunes.

There is no way to bypass it to my knowledge .....Apple system while OK ....could be improved by not having reps wasting time on refunds and having a self help option

mrmarquis9

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The issue with android refund system is people who pirate can easily backup the apk then request a refund. Thus getting the app for free. But Apple should incorporate this because IOS won't have this issue

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711