Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 136
Like Tree129Likes
  1. #26  
    Scatabrain's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,840 Global Posts

    Default Why we use IOS

    Quote Originally Posted by acadia11 View Post
    I was answering the question posed as to why you use iOS? My answer is that while most people here love iOS and they list this feature or that feature. These peoples first smartphones are often iOS, and they have little experience in other Mobile OS, so part of the choice is comfort. I always give the example of outlook calendar integration in blackberry , iOS mail seems fine until you use something which is far more powerful, but you would never know unless you used it. Get it.

    You think Honda is great until you experience a rollsroyce
    A lot of us here have been using lots of smart phones and pda's since the beginning. Your statement is just wrong that the only reason we use iOS is because we are ignorant.

    How ironic you think we are ignorant.

    Get it?
  2. #27  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Septembersrain#AC View Post
    The reason I like iOS is because it's generally very solid. I like the way that all apps run as if they came on the device. It keeps the user interfaces very uniform, non-clashing and balanced. It's very easy to use iOS. Sometimes if I'm just looking to do a task, I can do it without complications or extreme duress.

    I do like Android too but purely for the fact that it's highly customisable. This could keep me busy for hours. I'm also very happy with the option of flash player in my stock browser and SD card memory expansion. I have better luck via bluetooth music streaming in my car too for some reason.

    I like Windows 7 computers. How I wish they'd just make Windows 9 like it. It's the best, easiest to use version outside of XP in my opinion. I'm very stuck as I have no idea where I'll go when I get a new computer someday. It really is a sad event to be forced to get a Windows 9 if it's like the 8 mess.

    Overall, I guess what I'm saying is:

    I like a lot of different platforms and iOS is part of that absolutely delicious concoction of operating system heaven for me.
    Just FYIMicrosoft is naming the next version Windows 10, 9 is being skipped.
  3. #28  

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Just FYIMicrosoft is naming the next version Windows 10, 9 is being skipped.
    Thanks! I hadn't been keeping up with it. Are they going to make it like 7? Are there any rumors regarding this?
  4. #29  
    acadia11's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Septembersrain View Post
    Thanks! I hadn't been keeping up with it. Are they going to make it like 7? Are there any rumors regarding this?
    It's going to have more windows 7 , like start button, taskbars, but it's definitely not a step back to windows 7, it's much more polished windows
  5. #30  
    acadia11's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

    Default Why we use IOS

    Quote Originally Posted by mzengr View Post
    I have used Android, BB, and even Palm OS, but iOS is what has worked for me since the 4s came out. I will continue to use it until it doesn't work for me anymore.



    Why do YOU use iOS?
    you
    \ˈy, yə also yē\
    pronoun
    used to refer to the person or group of people that is being addressed as the subject of a verb or as the object of a verb or preposition
    used to refer to any person or to people in general
    Full Definition

    Why do I personally use iOS is because most people I know have iOS, so face time, imessaging even though I prefer bbm couldn't convince my friends to start our 3 year old group chat on bbm, because iOS is used by more people I find developers spend more time improving their iOS version of their apps. I also own a z10, for work especially outlook and calendar interfacing bb10 blows iOS out the water, for an entertainment device I like my iPhone more. I don't have much experience with android so I can't call it, for me part of the use is because isht I'm comfortable and really too lazy to use anything else if I don't need too, even if android were better. Plus Apple has convinced me like everyone else I need an iPhone, I'm convinced it's subliminal or... Maybe it's status makes me feel important.
  6. #31  
    IamMasterChat's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    I use iOS for a simple reason. I am comfortable with iOS.
  7. #32  
    HankAZ's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    6,100 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by acadia11 View Post
    It's simple most of you haven't tried anything else so have no real point of comparison. This is why most people use any product, they are comfortable with it, and a lack of experience with something different.
    Not even close. Among the mobile OSes that I have used are BlackBerry, Windows, Android, Symbian and iOS.

    iOS works, it works for me with my equipment and my complete ecosystem. It’s simple to use, reliable, and the hardware (iPods, iPhones and iPads) are classic, awesome, and a joy to use. There is a plethora of quality and reasonably priced apps. And with every release, it just gets better.
    Spencerdl, calebt and mikeo007 like this.
  8. #33  
    soren203's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    778 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    reliability for me, when I want something to work I know 99% of the time its going to.
    Spencerdl likes this.
  9. #34  
    Eileen89's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,873 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,460 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    I use it for the simple fact that I have an addiction to Apple products that is worse than crack at this point. Only difference is, I don't have to rob a bank to support my Apple/iOS addiction.


    Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl likes this.
  10. #35  
    kdeckels's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    I came from blackberry to the original moto droid to a couple more android phones before I really tried an apple product. I went from a hardcore dos/windows guy to MacBook a year ago & to iphone 5 8 months ago. Gave the 5 to my daughter because I got a deal on a note 3. After a month I'm back to iOS. Note 3, fast phone, keyboard still lags. Browser still missing a quick scroll to top. To me iOS is just so much more fluid. There are just too many things I like about the iOS environment over the others right now. This is from the guy who used to make fun of the i sheep.
    Spencerdl likes this.
  11. #36  
    acadia11's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    Not even close. Among the mobile OSes that I have used are BlackBerry, Windows, Android, Symbian and iOS.

    iOS works, it works for me with my equipment and my complete ecosystem. Its simple to use, reliable, and the hardware (iPods, iPhones and iPads) are classic, awesome, and a joy to use. There is a plethora of quality and reasonably priced apps. And with every release, it just gets better.
    I said most people, not all people, and I'm not saying that people don't like their iOS devices for its features, what I'm saying is the vast majority of people have little to know experience outside the ecosystem of choice. Whether it's iOS or android or bb10, etc... Why would they?
  12. #37  
    calebt's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    546 Posts
    Global Posts
    555 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    I'm just going to say it like this, because that’s what I use right now.
  13. #38  
    qbnkelt's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,776 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,120 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Ummmm......wow.....
    IT JUST WORKS - first minute throughout the time I keep the device
    Interoperability
    Reliability
    UI
    App Store
    iTunes
    Design
    Build quality

    S U P P O R T !!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY ANYWHERE stands by their products like Apple.



    Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
  14. #39  
    qbnkelt's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,776 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,120 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by acadia11 View Post
    I said most people, not all people, and I'm not saying that people don't like their iOS devices for its features, what I'm saying is the vast majority of people have little to know experience outside the ecosystem of choice. Whether it's iOS or android or bb10, etc... Why would they?
    I've got a Lumia 1520, a Note 4, HAD a Q10 and just about every BlackBerry that came before it that was sold on AT&T beginning with the 8310 and used work issued BlackBerry beginning with the 6210.

    I KNOW what is out there and I PREFER iOS over everything else. Enjoy the living daylights out of the Lumia and the Note but PREFER my iPhone 6 and every iPhone that came before it.


    Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Spencerdl likes this.
  15. #40  
    lmd052300's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    43 Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Simple and effective. It just works for a daily driver


    Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk
  16. #41  
    GSOgymrat's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    I've own Android phones and I just came from Windows Phone. The reason I chose iOS was 1) app quality and selection and 2) reliability. It is also nice to know if a problem arose with the iPhone I could take it to my local Apple Store and say "fix it." I love Windows Phone but right now it doesn't have all the apps I want. My experience with Android has been disappointing due to app conflicts and crashes. I know someone who owns a Nokia Lumia 1520, a Sony Xperia Z3 and a Samsung Note 3 and he said the Sony and Samsung have app crashes about every other day. At AT&T a salesperson was showing me a Samsung Note 4 and an app crashed during the demonstration! I said surely that was an anomaly because he was using a floor model and he said that because Android is a more open system it will never be as stable as iPhone or Windows Phone. I want a phone that has the best apps that work perfectly every single time and that is why I bought an iPhone.
  17. #42  
    HankAZ's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    6,100 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen89 View Post
    I use it for the simple fact that I have an addiction to Apple products that is worse than crack at this point. Only difference is, I don't have to rob a bank to support my Apple/iOS addiction.

    Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Good point, Rose. No need to rob a bank. The iOS devices hold their resale value very well. Sell the old, buy the new.
  18. #43  
    HankAZ's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    6,100 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by acadia11 View Post
    I said most people, not all people, and I'm not saying that people don't like their iOS devices for its features, what I'm saying is the vast majority of people have little to know experience outside the ecosystem of choice. Whether it's iOS or android or bb10, etc... Why would they?
    "Little to know experience"? Awesome.

    If you read through the thread, you will see that many people have either previously used other brands/platforms. Some even continue to use multiple devices from multiple platforms. I guess we could dissect the meaning of "some", "many" and "most", but suffice it to say that "most people" have, contrary to your premise, used devices on other platforms before settling on Apple's iOS.
  19. #44  

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    "Little to know experience"? Awesome.

    If you read through the thread, you will see that many people have either previously used other brands/platforms. Some even continue to use multiple devices from multiple platforms. I guess we could dissect the meaning of "some", "many" and "most", but suffice it to say that "most people" have, contrary to your premise, used devices on other platforms before settling on Apple's iOS.
    Even a person like me who used to be a gung-ho "Androidian", I still ended up setting aside my ridiculous judgements to get a 5c. Now here I am with a Mini 3, 5c, 5s and still using my Note 3 too.

    People only put themselves in a box big enough as their perspective.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
  20. #45  
    stoneland's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    456 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    I personally use iOS because it works pretty smoothly right out of the box. I've used a BlackBerry for several years as my first smartphone, and I really liked that with the physical keyboard but I found that the app selection was quite lacking. When I switched to iPhone it was like a whole other world! I like how apps tend to be developed for iOS first, and they tend to be more polished than their Android counterparts. I used a Nexus 5 for a while too and that's what I discovered with the apps I use the most. There are some apps like Twitter that I thought were just fine on both iOS and Android, but many I missed the look and capabilities in the iOS version. I also like that iPhone tends to work the way I want it to without me fiddling around with it too much. While I loved the customization options in Android, it was hard for me to get it just the way I wanted...with iOS because I know I can't customize it as much as I would want it to, I think I appreciate it more for just "working" and not having to fuss with icons, etc. OH and accessories, especially cases, are plentiful for the iPhone!
  21. #46  
    Coachbulldog's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    393 Posts
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    "Little to know experience"? Awesome.
    Which reminds me of this....

    Why we use iOS-raiderfan.png
  22. #47  
    acadia11's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    639 Posts
    Global Posts
    693 Global Posts

    Default Why we use IOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Septembersrain View Post
    Even a person like me who used to be a gung-ho "Androidian", I still ended up setting aside my ridiculous judgements to get a 5c. Now here I am with a Mini 3, 5c, 5s and still using my Note 3 too.

    People only put themselves in a box big enough as their perspective.
    Way to emotional people are here, which proves my point. Maybe we should just take a survey, smartphones became common place about the time the iPhone came about. Please let me know how many people here who use smart phones , their first was an iPhone.

    Unless you used Palm, or later blackberries , there weren't many choices in the smart phone arena. Android didn't exist until 5 years ago, the App Store in iOS didn't exist until iOS 3.0, until recently could you hop about phone to phone and fact is most people don't change their phones that often to even have had the time to try many different flavors, because so many different flavors didn't exist until the last 2 or 3 years. So you can argue with me , fine, but don't pretend like people have had all this time to use so many different types of smart phones because the smartphone market is fairly new.
  23. #48  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Why we use IOS

    Quote Originally Posted by acadia11 View Post
    Way to emotional people are here, which proves my point. Maybe we should just take a survey, smartphones became common place about the time the iPhone came about. Please let me know how many people here who use smart phones , their first was an iPhone.

    Unless you used Palm, or later blackberries , there weren't many choices in the smart phone arena. Android didn't exist until 5 years ago, the App Store in iOS didn't exist until iOS 3.0, until recently could you hop about phone to phone and fact is most people don't change their phones that often to even have had the time to try many different flavors, because so many different flavors didn't exist until the last 2 or 3 years. So you can argue with me , fine, but don't pretend like people have had all this time to use so many different types of smart phones because the smartphone market is fairly new.
    .... And many of them have used many different platforms in the past 2-3 years. Your point it moot. You have to remember that technology moves at a much faster pace than almost anything else. Again, you aren't making any sense. The age of the smart market has nothing to do with it. And they aren't pretending either.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl and mikeo007 like this.
  24. #49  
    GSOgymrat's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Quote Originally Posted by acadia11 View Post
    Please let me know how many people here who use smart phones , their first was an iPhone.
    My first couple of smartphones were Android and then I had three Windows Phones. Before iPhone 6 Plus I never considered iPhone because their screens were too small. The only Apple product I've ever own was an iPad but I got rid of it when Surface was released, so I don't have own an iPhone because I find it comfortable or familiar. I never even owned an iPod.
  25. #50  
    FlashFlare11's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts

    Default re: Why we use iOS

    Well, this thread came up on my Tapatalk feed so I'll take it as a happy coincidence. This is my first post on iMore as an iPhone owner so, Hello!

    I've had my iPhone 6 Plus for about 9 days now. It's my first ever iPhone and the first non-BlackBerry device I've ever owned. My first device was a Pearl 8230, which then was upgraded to a Torch 9810, then a Z10 on release day, and a Z30 this past March.

    What I can say is that I've truly loved having an iPhone these past few days. I used to talk down about iOS and iPhone, but the truth was that I had never given it a fair try. Sure, there are some things I prefer about BlackBerry 10 than I do about iOS, but iOS really is the operating system which gives its users the most uncompromising experience. I have everything I could want and need right here on my iPhone. And it all just works. No sideloading, no freezing, no restarting. It just works.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Using an USA iPh 6 in Taiwan?
    By Daryl Flamm in forum iPhone 6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 12:57 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2014, 08:42 PM
  3. Why am I not able to download a family member's purchases?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2014, 08:40 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2014, 04:55 PM
  5. Why will my notificatio on my ipod not go away?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2014, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions