How many people use iOS 8 beta as their daily driver?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got it on my iPhone 5 (since the first beta) and while it does have bugs it's certainly been stable enough overall for me. Really loving the new camera/photos features.

leanneverett95

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm using it on my 5s and just wondered what issues people were having with the beta software? I think beta 4 is quite stable apart from a few crashes here and there!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's being used as a daily driver on my iPhone 5. In fact, I used beta 3 as my daily driver also, and thankfully, iOS 8 beta 4 is even more stable on my device...:)

Last edited:

leanneverett95

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Beta 3 was pretty buggy IMO, however like I said beta 4 does seem to be a lot better. Apparently beta 5 is out on Monday I wonder what that will be like :)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have it on my daily driver. I have the 5s. It's pretty stable. Sometimes it freezes in imessage for a few seconds but nothing that isn't manageable. Pros outweigh the cons

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I did for the past month or so. The battery life just wasn't up to par. I'm back on Jailbroken iOS 7.1.2.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have it on my iPhone 5s and one of my Ipad Minis.

I have been using iOS betas on my daily driver since iPhone OS 3.0 beta 1, it added copy and paste . That was a really long time ago. :)

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I do. Started only on my Phone and then when beta4 was released decided it felt reliable enough to also install it on iPad. Now iOS8 is running on all my devices and it feels great, I very rarely feel like I'm on a beta.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i really wouldn't mind using as my DD but for some reason i cannot get ESPN Scorecenter notifications to work. and that's even after a Restore as New

i assume they are working for others? probably my luck lol

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
i really wouldn't mind using as my DD but for some reason i cannot get ESPN Scorecenter notifications to work. and that's even after a Restore as New

i assume they are working for others? probably my luck lol

I don't use espn but I use score mobile and that works without issue.