Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Karenkcoulter
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,073 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

Default When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything works

When a new IOS is released do you worry about installing it or just do it and hope that everything works out ok?
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

Default re: When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything works

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    When a new IOS is released do you worry about installing it or just do it and hope that everything works out ok?
    Immediate install!!!!

Global Posts
    6,658 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default re: When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything works

I usually run the betas so I'm always on the latest and greatest.

I have run all updates after release and have been one of the lucky ones to have never had an issue.
    Last edited by taz323; 03-24-2014 at 04:22 PM.
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

I never worry about installing an update. Always install ASAP. OTA to boot. Never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 03_CTD View Post
    I never worry about installing an update. Always install ASAP. OTA to boot. Never had an issue.
    I agree

Apple is not gonna release an update if it's corrupted and it's designed to be done OTA as long as your current version is running right the update will install smoothly this is nothing new palm's webOS updated OTA years ahead of the game

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)
    iMore Intermediate

Always install ASAP

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    iMore Nanite

it has screwed my hardware on my iphone5
    iMore Nanite

downloaded the new update and its ****ed my phone
    iMore Newbie

Big updates like 7.1 usually screw something up and I have to restore once or twice in the first few days til it's right. I've never had to restore from new though. This update screwed up my 5ghz wifi so that's why I had to restore this time.

Small updates have never messed me up though.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Default Re: When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything w

I always install soon as I have time. Never had a problem.

Global Posts
    21,585 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: When a new iOS is released do u worry about installing it or just do it & hope that everything w

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Looker View Post
    downloaded the new update and its ****ed my phone
    Put your device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and try again. Of course, backup your device first.

Global Posts
    21,585 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Lately I've been updating OTA as soon as the newest version is released, but then within a day or two, I will wipe the device and do a clean install and then set it up as a new device.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts

I momentarily worry about installing it and do so anyway.

More concerned with the download arriving in one piece (via my computer or OTA) than the product itself, but Apple is far from immune from releasing 'updates' that bork user's devices, as is the case occasionally with any software developer.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,020 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Immediate install!!!!
    This exactly. Full speed ahead damn the torpedoes.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    15,185 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I update OTA within a day of the release. I've never had a problem.
    iMore Beginner

I update without a thought of it not installing properly. I've had issues in the past, like iOS 3 or iOS 4, but since that time everything has installed flawlessly. OTA has been the best. And update all my devices the same day. I like for my iPhone and iPad to mirror each other. If one isn't handy, the other has the same set up and apps to perform the task.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.