When I'm replying to an email why can't I add an attachment?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can. Tap and hold on an empty space in the area where you'd type a reply. Select the arrow facing to the right. Select "insert photo or video". That's it.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
You can't. It's just the way Apple has it. No documents can be attached from third party apps, only photos and videos.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
If you use Dropbox for your documents, you can use Boxie to send emails with attachments. I use it daily.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You CAN attach a file while replying using the native Mail app, but only photos and videos....:)

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
You're not supposed to use Apple products for actual work. ;) Apple is for studs, Android for the geeks, and Windows tablets for getting things done ;)

Seriously though, you can copy a link to a file in Dropbox and paste it into your reply.

If you want to attach an actual file, you need to send it from the program it was created in, and you can't attach it in a reply to a previous email.

I always thought that Android is full of great ideas hindered by half arsed software implementation and questionable hardware, while iOS is a very well executed poor design running on good hardware. After switching from an Android tablet to rMini, I see that I didn't realize just how limited iOS is. A list of things that simply can't be done is staggering, and many to me are just basics that I would never expect anyone would even think of omitting. I am still glad I switched, as I had bad luck with reliability of Android tablets, and I don't want to keep playing the lottery. But iOS has ways to go to catch up in terms of useability, luckily for Apple the majority of their customers buy it for glitter and brand name recognition and don't use it for complex tasks.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You're not supposed to use Apple products for actual work. ;) Apple is for studs, Android for the geeks, and Windows tablets for getting things done ;)
(laughing)...Now you know you're going to get hammered for that, right? :D

Seriously though, you can copy a link to a file in Dropbox and paste it into your reply.

If you want to attach an actual file, you need to send it from the program it was created in, and you can't attach it in a reply to a previous email.

I always thought that Android is full of great ideas hindered by half arsed software implementation and questionable hardware, while iOS is a very well executed poor design running on good hardware. After switching from an Android tablet to rMini, I see that I didn't realize just how limited iOS is. A list of things that simply can't be done is staggering, and many to me are just basics that I would never expect anyone would even think of omitting. I am still glad I switched, as I had bad luck with reliability of Android tablets, and I don't want to keep playing the lottery. But iOS has ways to go to catch up in terms of useability, luckily for Apple the majority of their customers buy it for glitter and brand name recognition and don't use it for complex tasks.
In a lot of ways, you are absolutely right.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice