Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    17,450 Global Posts

Default Re: When will Apple add customizability feature to iOS?

Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    Of the many android users I know, very few use widgets.. Just throwing that out there. It seems that widgets are way ever rated. And I personally don't know many people that use them..

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    I like widgets...In theory. The reality was, for me, that those handy widgets killed my Android battery in no time. I had to set many of them to update at longer intervals. Or delete some widgets completely. After doing that, I didn't really see the point of having widgets anymore.

As for customization, I don't that's the iPhone thing. I think it's intentional, just like a lack of LED for notifications. I think Apple products are well thought out, and contain and lack features for specific reasons.
    Thanked by:
    Amamba (07-10-2014)
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    I like widgets...In theory. The reality was, for me, that those handy widgets killed my Android battery in no time. I had to set many of them to update at longer intervals. Or delete some widgets completely. After doing that, I didn't really see the point of having widgets anymore.

As for customization, I don't that's the iPhone thing. I think it's intentional, just like a lack of LED for notifications. I think Apple products are well thought out, and contain and lack features for specific reasons.
    It all depends on what you use the devices for. I will likely never get an iPhone because I find quick data entry or retrieval practically impossible. If I need to quickly look up or add a meeting, or add something to Evernote or OneNote, I can do it with a single tap on my Android phone, but it takes twice as much effort on the iPad. The Today pull down really sucks and unfortunately there's no alternative other than having to open the respective program. Siri is unpredictable at best, it may be that my dictation isn't that good, but I have much better success rate with Google voice recognition. Typing also sucks, although I have no problem typing on a fairly large iPad keyboard, I'd absolutely hate the experience on a tiny iPhone screen. Although there are rumors that iOS8 would get some kind of Swype like keyboard entry. And with all my widgets, my Android phone easily goes from 7am to 10 am the following day on a single charge, with fairly heavy use, while my friends and family members with iPhones seem to be permanently low on battery.

I love the rMini hardware, and as long as I don't need to retrieve or enter the info quickly (I have my phone for that), I am OK with software. But I am going with Samsung for my next phone, and sticking with Google for most services (seeing how iCloud apps are slow as molasses and limited in function). I hope to use my tablet for a long time, which was the primary reason to go with an iPad, but I keep a setup that allows me to switch hardware providers at any time with a
    minimal impact on my workflow.

Right now, I think Apple has the best tablet hardware, with great reliability and overall use experience, but some major limitations (no SD card support, very expensive, and the display quality is slipping a bit vs competition). But Android has better phones. These are different devices for different tasks.
    iMore Newbie

These are the complaints?
    How many of you are ACTUAL developers?
    Personally I like the dock...and the fact that I dont have to scroll through my screens to find the phone, safari, email, music.
    If these are the only complaints......you guys are splitting hairs. Cant please everyone......just the people that dont complain constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by JmBApps View Post
    These are the complaints?
    How many of you are ACTUAL developers?
    Personally I like the dock...and the fact that I dont have to scroll through my screens to find the phone, safari, email, music.
    If these are the only complaints......you guys are splitting hairs. Cant please everyone......just the people that dont complain constantly.
    I have no problem with 4 positions at the bottom being stationary. I like that as you do. It's the gray background there that I don't like. That's what they should get rid of, not the stationary app/folder spots. People like to use wallpapers, and that gray covers too much.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    iMore Newbie

Ahh...ok. That makes sense. I agree. Color with alpha adjustment would be nice and maybe adding a panoramic photo.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123