How can I restore my iOS 9 beta back up on to my iOS 8.4 phone?

Tolulope Obe

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
how can i restore my iOS 9 beta back up on to my iOS 8.4 phone

i downloaded the iOS 9 beta 1 yesterday and i didn't archive my iOS 8.4 back up so i overwrote my iOS 8 back up ti the iOS 9 beta - now i am done test running the beta version, and i can't restore the back up- is there a way to restore the iOS 9 beta back up on my present iOS 8 phone or i have to run iOS 9 beta till apple release the public iOS 9 version.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: how can i restore my iOS 9 beta back up on to my iOS 8.4 phone

The only thing you can restore to a device running iOS9 betas is a backup made with the present iOS Beta version or a prior iOS9 beta backup. If you've restored the phone to iOS 8.4 - you can restore any backup made with iOS 8.4 or previous 8.x -- you CAN NOT restore an iOS9 beta backup to a device running iOS 8.whatever.

jessica62578

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

If you have been backing up your device using iCloud or iTunes, then you can restore it from a backup, but I believe you need to do this through iTunes by connecting your device to your PC or Mac.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
i downloaded the iOS 9 beta 1 yesterday and i didn't archive my iOS 8.4 back up so i overwrote my iOS 8 back up ti the iOS 9 beta - now i am done test running the beta version, and i can't restore the back up- is there a way to restore the iOS 9 beta back up on my present iOS 8 phone or i have to run iOS 9 beta till apple release the public iOS 9 version.

Correct me if I am wrong , but I think what your wanting to do is go back to a previous iOS 8.4. Haven't tried it but it might be possible by using iTunes and putting your iPhone/iPad or whatever in recovery mode while connected to iTunes which will force a new iOS install to the device from Apple servers. Not sure if it would grab 8.4 or not though since it's technically an older iOS from the current one used.

Last edited:

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Dfu mode hooked to iTunes will reinstall 8.4. I had to do that last night. No other restore or update would work. I went from 9 beta4 back to 8.4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2