How to advertise your app on forums without getting banned?

mac_juwel

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
There must be a way to advertise your app on the forum. My application is for dog owners, so clearly i would get a lot of traffic if i could reach all the member on the dog forums. Unfortunately they bann me every time i mention my application... what do i do?
I tried different ways and it seems that 90% at a time they just bann you without letting you know what yo did wrong.
anybody has any insite?

thanks in advance.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about a forum on another web site? If so, you should probably ask the people that run that site, since they made the rules.

(Or do we have a dog forum I don't know about?)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
We don't have a dog forum. Dogs don't use iOS. They prefer Android. Cats use iOS.

But yea, Massie is right - contact the owners of the dog forums where you'd like to advertise. They may be willing to feature you if what you're offering is truly unique.

Calcifer2

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the same experience. I simply ignore those sites that are so wayward in their thinking that they ban everyone including those that are beneficial to they users. It's so stupid. Luckily I'm in photography and gaming so plenty of choice there :)

I have to say that I see the most response from sites that have more vision and have a little app corner like this site or macrumors, for example. After all, most IOS users frequent these type of forums and your targeted audience that actually have an iPhone will come there ,too.

Patrice Khal

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
@Alli : So funny answer but seems true ! ^^
Proof : some apps are for cat's use on the stores, even the robotic ball to play with, driven by iPhone. And don't forget : Orang-outan prefers iPad ! :)
For the forums banning you il you talk about your work : the same problem exists with iphone forums asking you about your apps but deleting posts because... you talk about your apps ! :confused:
Other way, I understand when it's abused...

johnrayfeild

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Most forums do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users to advertise products and services. Forums are very strict when it comes to advertising. If you want to advertise your apps I suggest you look for app related website who sells ads space for apps to help you target niche visitors and get sales. Have a look at this page I found: appfavour.com/apps-advertising

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What about this Forum. How do I advertise an app without getting banned.

Follow the rules... there's a link to them on the main forum page, at the bottom, kind of in the middle of the page... however, that link is broken at the moment...

Check the "Apps & Games" forum... if you do something similar in nature to posts that are there announcing something, you'll likely be safe.

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Follow the rules... there's a link to them on the main forum page, at the bottom, kind of in the middle of the page... however, that link is broken at the moment...

Check the "Apps & Games" forum... if you do something similar in nature to posts that are there announcing something, you'll likely be safe.

Tried the link and it didn't work. Thanks for the advice about the other forum.

Masquer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the same experience with you. I'm a photo editing app developer. Last month we launched a new app and I was responsible for the promotion. But everytime I post some info with my app's name on it, I was banned immediately or after several hours. I felt so depressed and disappointed. However, things done on SNS sites went pretty cool.

col_bris

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
In some cases forums have sponsors so in fact you are getting a free ride if you post your business or product so that is why the rules are in place One approach is to become a sponsor then you can advertize with out worry. I suggest contacting admin here for an answer I am unsure if they have sponsors

Col

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the same experience with you. I'm a photo editing app developer. Last month we launched a new app and I was responsible for the promotion. But everytime I post some info with my app's name on it, I was banned immediately or after several hours. I felt so depressed and disappointed. However, things done on SNS sites went pretty cool.

If you're blanketing the forums with multiple posts about an app (especially if they are essentially the same post) it will definitely be flagged as spam. People can absolutely post something introducing their app, but there is no need to put it in every forum. I'm not familiar with your situation but that's often what's happening. And bear in mind that if something is removed as spam it's likely because forum users—aka potential customers—have reported the post as spam.

Feel free to tell us about the app in the Apps & Games forum!

Gerald McRaney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
What about this Forum. How do I advertise an app without getting banned.

In fact all bans are done due to a violation of single particular rule.

Read the rules and regulations before you sign up

Try to use real information as much as possible, when sign up.

Do not post off topic.

Do place your links in the forum, unless you know it is allowed.

If a forum member is rude to you, don't respond back to them rudely, or it could get you banned.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In summary:

1. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines.

2. Create an introductory post in the Apps & Games section of the forums

3. Be sure to include an Apple App Store link to the app.

4. Make sure the focus of the post is in regard to your app and not your website, company and social networking site.

5. Do not create another thread in regard to the same app.

KaterinaM

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
In general, there are some forums where I saw people who boast of their apps in some very specific topic and threads. And I personally think it is a good practice and there are lots of freelance developers who want to let the community know about their work.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In general, there are some forums where I saw people who boast of their apps in some very specific topic and threads. And I personally think it is a good practice and there are lots of freelance developers who want to let the community know about their work.

iMore is a arguably an Apple-centric website that caters to primarily to people who share the same affinity for Apple products and services. Having said that, moderators spend a lot of time weeding out the alleged freelancers who attempt to flood this site with links to copyrighted movies, warez, and the like. Then they have to deal with those who present a seemingly legitimate post regarding an 'upcoming' app or game including photos and videos but when you click on the link, it attempts to flood your system with malware or it leads you to another site that attempts to trick you into signing up for a product or service that has nothing to do with iMore, the mentioned app/game or Apple products & services. Developers are welcomed to introduce and discuss their products but only in accordance with the Community Rules & Guidelines. Neither we nor the developers own this website so we must conduct ourselves according to the rules set forth by those who do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234