Hi everyone,

I've been developing an iOS 10 iMessage app that will be launching with iOS 10, and I'm now looking for some beta testers.

Word Art allows you to create your own custom stickers directly from within the Messages app and send them via iMessage. Created stickers can be edited and deleted, and changes are synced via iCloud.

If you'd like to join the beta, please sign up at: https://wordartbeta.yetii.net. Note that you will need an iOS 10 device.

Screenshots

Seeking Beta Testers for the Word Art app-simulator-screen-shot-29-aug-2016-12.06.35.png Seeking Beta Testers for the Word Art app-simulator-screen-shot-29-aug-2016-20.20.06.png

Features

Create, edit, and send custom stickers within the Messages app
    Customise the sticker, including:
    Colors
    Text size
    Font
    Shadow
    Stroke
    Created stickers are synced between devices via iCloud
    Easily drag, rotate, and scale created stickers directly in to iMessage conversations
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-29-2016 02:25 PM
    A better description would be that you're developing an app that works in conjunction with the iOS Messages app, in my opinion.
    08-29-2016 04:11 PM
    Love it, but needs work.
    08-30-2016 07:12 AM
    A better description would be that you're developing an app that works in conjunction with the iOS Messages app, in my opinion.
    I do not personally like the "iMessage App" naming/wording, but I'm sticking with how Apple are naming it in their marketing: "iMessage Apps". I may end up tweaking this based on where the text is going to be shown.
    Just_Me_D and DarlaMack like this.
    08-30-2016 07:16 AM
    Love it, but needs work.
    Thanks for checking it out! I'm currently working on a redesign on the editor screen and will be adding a couple more features before iOS 10 launches. Do you have any requests or suggestions?
    08-30-2016 07:17 AM
    Thanks for checking it out! I'm currently working on a redesign on the editor screen and will be adding a couple more features before iOS 10 launches. Do you have any requests or suggestions?
    Fix the edit option. It doesn't work. It worked last night, but doesn't today. I get the "will not load" message.
    08-30-2016 08:44 AM
    Apple calls them "iMessage apps".
    Here's mine:
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-30-2016 08:47 AM
    Are you talking about editing a previously created sticker? There is no generic "will not load" error that the app will display, so that error must be coming from somewhere else. Is it just a blank view with the text "Failed to load Word Art"? Would you be able to provide a screenshot? Feel free to PM or email me.
    08-30-2016 08:59 AM
    I do not personally like the "iMessage App" naming/wording, but I'm sticking with how Apple are naming it in their marketing: "iMessage Apps". I may end up tweaking this based on where the text is going to be shown.
    Apple calls them "iMessage apps".
    Here's mine:
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4a3fef9261.jpg
    Understood.
    Ledsteplin and JosephDuffy like this.
    08-30-2016 10:37 AM
    Are you talking about editing a previously created sticker? There is no generic "will not load" error that the app will display, so that error must be coming from somewhere else. Is it just a blank view with the text "Failed to load Word Art"? Would you be able to provide a screenshot? Feel free to PM or email me.
    This is what I get when I tap the "edit" option. Maybe it's just me. It worked fine last night. Not today.
    08-30-2016 12:09 PM
    This is what I get when I tap the "edit" option. Maybe it's just me. It worked fine last night. Not today.
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...75ccd00f47.jpg
    That's an error that iOS shows, so I'm not sure what the cause is. I don't have any reported crashes, either. I will see if I can find anything that might cause this, but failing that I am adding a feature to be able to save stickers you receive that were created in Word Art, so I might ask you to send it to me so I can investigate further.

Thank you your testing and for the screenshot!
    08-30-2016 12:12 PM
    I uninstalled it, then installed it back. Now it won't load at all.
    08-30-2016 12:34 PM
    That's an error that iOS shows, so I'm not sure what the cause is. I don't have any reported crashes, either. I will see if I can find anything that might cause this, but failing that I am adding a feature to be able to save stickers you receive that were created in Word Art, so I might ask you to send it to me so I can investigate further.

Thank you your testing and for the screenshot!
    It may be my phone. I'm having issues downloading other beta apps from Testflight. The stickers I created are in the recents in messages, and work fine.
    08-30-2016 12:53 PM
    Apps from the App Store download ok. It's Testflight I think. Not sure. I have 2 beta apps in Testflight that will not load.
    08-30-2016 01:01 PM
    Thank you @JosephDuffy for extending the invitation!! I signed up but I'm at work so can't leave feedback at the moment. :P
    08-30-2016 01:04 PM
    Testflight is working now, but Word Art still will not load.
    08-31-2016 06:39 AM
    Testflight is working now, but Word Art still will not load.
    I am not seeing any crash logs so it's hard to debug this issue. I am hoping that this is fixed in the next iOS or Word Art beta, but if it is not fixed then you should be able to share any problematic stickers with me and I will be able to diagnose the issue further.
    08-31-2016 10:34 AM
    Thank you @JosephDuffy for extending the invitation!! I signed up but I'm at work so can't leave feedback at the moment. :P
    Thank you for signing up! Feel free to send any feedback via TestFlight or as a reply to this post!
    DarlaMack likes this.
    08-31-2016 10:35 AM
    I am not seeing any crash logs so it's hard to debug this issue. I am hoping that this is fixed in the next iOS or Word Art beta, but if it is not fixed then you should be able to share any problematic stickers with me and I will be able to diagnose the issue further.
    The stickers I have in recents work fine. I just can't create new ones or edit existing ones. Have you had anyone else experience this?
    08-31-2016 11:15 AM
    The stickers I have in recents work fine. I just can't create new ones or edit existing ones. Have you had anyone else experience this?
    That does sound like there's a crash when loading the editor, then. Can you confirm that you're on the latest iOS beta? I will have a thorough look through the code today to see if I can spot any issues, and try to ensure that if this is a crash that can be caught, that that crash is then logged.

So far you're the only one to report this and I've not come across it during my use or testing. Hopefully the issue will get resolved.

Sorry for the problems you've been having, but thank you for testing!
    08-31-2016 11:28 AM
    That does sound like there's a crash when loading the editor, then. Can you confirm that you're on the latest iOS beta? I will have a thorough look through the code today to see if I can spot any issues, and try to ensure that if this is a crash that can be caught, that that crash is then logged.

So far you're the only one to report this and I've not come across it during my use or testing. Hopefully the issue will get resolved.

Sorry for the problems you've been having, but thank you for testing!
    I'm on iOS 10 public beta 7. iPhone 6s Plus. The drawer where the "edit" and the "+" options are located will not load. It shows for a split second, then goes to the message "Unable To Load Word Art".
    08-31-2016 11:44 AM
    Ok. The drawer loads now. I can create new stickers. But the "edit" button still crashes it with the "Unable to load" message. It's improvement!

But it's unstable. Real touchy!
    08-31-2016 03:24 PM
    I have a silly question.... when it says "Sync Complete", what is actually syncing and where is it syncing too?
    08-31-2016 08:46 PM
    I have a silly question.... when it says "Sync Complete", what is actually syncing and where is it syncing too?
    Does the "edit" button on yours work? Mine crashes the sync.
    09-01-2016 05:32 AM
    Does the "edit" button on yours work? Mine crashes the sync.
    So far the "edit" button is working without any syncing crash
    09-01-2016 05:35 AM
33 12