- iMore Beginner
- 90 Posts
how can i restore my iOS 9 beta back up on to my iOS 8.4 phone
i downloaded the iOS 9 beta 1 yesterday and i didn't archive my iOS 8.4 back up so i overwrote my iOS 8 back up ti the iOS 9 beta - now i am done test running the beta version, and i can't restore the back up- is there a way to restore the iOS 9 beta back up on my present iOS 8 phone or i have to run iOS 9 beta till apple release the public iOS 9 version.
- 07-10-2015, 02:55 PM #2iMore Genius
- 20,833 Posts
Re: how can i restore my iOS 9 beta back up on to my iOS 8.4 phone
The only thing you can restore to a device running iOS9 betas is a backup made with the present iOS Beta version or a prior iOS9 beta backup. If you've restored the phone to iOS 8.4 - you can restore any backup made with iOS 8.4 or previous 8.x -- you CAN NOT restore an iOS9 beta backup to a device running iOS 8.whatever.
- 07-10-2015, 02:57 PM #3
- 07-25-2015, 06:01 AM #4iMore Intermediate
- 250 Posts
How can I restore my iOS 9 beta back up on to my iOS 8.4 phone?
Correct me if I am wrong , but I think what your wanting to do is go back to a previous iOS 8.4. Haven't tried it but it might be possible by using iTunes and putting your iPhone/iPad or whatever in recovery mode while connected to iTunes which will force a new iOS install to the device from Apple servers. Not sure if it would grab 8.4 or not though since it's technically an older iOS from the current one used.
Last edited by lightning8888; 07-31-2015 at 12:29 PM.
- 07-25-2015, 09:59 AM #5
- By shaunbutter in forum iOS 8Replies: 6Last Post: 10-22-2015, 02:20 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-10-2015, 03:39 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-10-2015, 02:22 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-10-2015, 02:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-10-2015, 02:09 PM