Spaceship bots tactics suggestions
I'm developing a game about space battles where spaceships bots will folow lines of three tactics out of dozens possible ones. the number of ships in battle ranges from 2 to 30. Now I'm looking for new ideas of possible tactics Perhaps, you have any ideas?
I've divided all tactics in two base groups - attack and defence. As regards attack tactics, I've already made:
1. Base attack: ships moves to the closest enemy, hits it, flyaway to random direction if too close to the target;
2. Chasing tactics: ship tries to attack from behind - finds suitable target and chase it. Flyaway only if target heads to the ship and collision is possible;
Planned attack tactics:
3. Hit&Run tactics: ship promptly and intensively fires with all weapons, then recharge energy til the end of round.
4. Sniper tactics: ship attack distant targets using rare but powerful shots, tries to avoid close combat
Plans regarding Defence tactics:
1. Base defence: ship activates shields after first damage and deactibates some time after the last shot or after energy is empty.
2. Smart Defence: Shops activate shields relevant to attack direction (fromnd. side, down, etc) or attacked equipment (engines, weapon, CPU, etc). Everything else like in 1 case.
3. Dance-dance tactics: rapid changes in velocity and movement directions
4. Repairing tactics: ships uses energy to repair some share of damaged armor and equipment