Need Help - What's your preference about this?

Adnan Qaizar

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

Looking forward to make an iPhone puzzle game. To simplify the question, i'd like to ask about game logic related preferences from people who owns an iPhone, who plays these kind of simple yet interesting games.

Scenario 1:
4 puzzle pieces to be arranged in correct manner one by one to win the score or lose the score. So basically what it does is when you pickup a puzzle piece, move it to the box, if it's right it's going to be accepted (maybe some score can be added here) or rejected at once over each piece you move.

Scenario 2: 4 puzzle pieces to be arranged in as much time as you like. But it will show correction or rejection when you've filled all 4 blocks. Upon rejection, you will lose coins. Or maybe to make it more smarter to lose coins on each additional move you do than 4 moves that's a perfect score needed for correct answer.

How would you prefer to play the game? What scoring features would you like? Do you generally like the app that's free and ad-supported or free without add support and rather in-app coins purchase?

What's your views? It means a lot to me since this is my first time to making a great application that people actually enjoy and would like to play as well.

Need Help, thank you. :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What seems to be the trend and the money maker in current gaming is free to play, BUT the game can be enhanced/speedup with in app purchases. These should NOT be mandatory, meaning there should be a way to complete the game WITHOUT paying, it's just faster/easier when you pay. ;) Candy Crush and Clash of Clans are the best examples of these type games. ;) (Trivia Crack also)

Adnan Qaizar

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Oh thank you pkcable, appreciate your response. I agree with free gaming trend and in-app purchases as well. What do you think about the scenarios?

Mmmmm, hope it's worth a try. Let's see how far this goes. Trying my best with limited resources and huge ambitions. Thanks for being the first to respond to my first thread. I'll always remember you specially if I succeed at this app. Since this is my first ever question asked to you. Thanks mate.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think scenario 2 would lend itself better to the in app purchase model. You can earn coins with correct answers and from referring friends, or over time and other free methods as WELL as a purchase option for those who don't want to wait on their coins. ;)

Adnan Qaizar

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Perfect, I am on my way. Thanks pkcable. Since am getting the game developed by a developer, so I'd like to ask you about how should I implement Multiplayer there, what are the ways and how to do it right?

Rest, I guess it would make more sense as we more forward with the design overall.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Perfect, I am on my way. Thanks pkcable. Since am getting the game developed by a developer, so I'd like to ask you about how should I implement Multiplayer there, what are the ways and how to do it right?

Rest, I guess it would make more sense as we more forward with the design overall.

Definately via social media AND game center. While game center is good I also think you should link to facebook at least and MAYBE twitter and google, but for sure facebook integration.

Adnan Qaizar

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Facebook integration sounds good. Honestly, I feel like you're my mentor as of now maybe since your replies are interesting, quick and that no one has replied as of yet.

Well, I have no idea about game centers whatsoever. The developer asked me two days time to learn for the implementation of Multiplayer and he says he will implement that.

So mmmmm as they say, you learn most when you're in the business. So I'd love to know more available options, are they free, how to effectively use them, pros and cons.

And also the app I am making will require internet connection to play because all the work will be done from webservices, the puzzle images, scoring and everything else dynamically. So hope that's fine too, because I need that ability for the app to be updated without publishing again.

Thanks.

Adnan Qaizar

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I don't own a Mac neither an iPhone as of yet, due to the affordability factor and since am new to this arena. I could sometime back but lately things have changed a bit. So planning to learn iPhone development myself as well. For now, hope I am doing good with this. Maybe slow, maybe too slow but rest assured, I'd like to make this happen. Because the one thing that I can afford very well is determination and the passion to do it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73