iPhone App Development Requirements?

kevin smith 619

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello Dev,

I want to know minimum requirement ..both the hardware and software requirements .. to build application in iphone..

Every One have different requirements for development in mobile, So i would like to know what you need before develop an iPhone App?

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Before developing an application for iphone a developer must satisfy some satisfy some hardware and software requirements like A Mac computer running OS X 10.9.4 or later, X Code(latest version).

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
A Mac.
Xcode
Also Swift (and of course Swift 2) for alot of the newer functionality from what I've read. Actually, if there is anyone on here that does iOS App programming as a profession, there is also another requirement that I would love to pick your brain on if I may?

For example one of the other requirements that is mentioned on the Apple Website is that you must also have a registered USA business id (even if you are not based in the USA). But does anyone know if this is only relevant when you're at the stage where you're distributing the apps commercially, or whether this is true for learners aswell? Obviously, I would definitely get one anyway if ever I did this as a profession, but before I get to that stage I will naturally want to have practiced alot before releasing apps to the general public, so learners must have to start somewhere. But for any current iOS App developers out there, what was your experience with that aspect of it?

Any pointers in the right direction or general advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sudeep Bhatnagar

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Following are the minimum requirements -

Hardware - mac, a physical iOS device for testing is also preferred as everything can't be tested in simulator

Software - Xcode, better if latest version; valid enrollment in iOS development program

Skills - objective C or SWIFT for programming, photoshop for designing

Source - I'm a developer myself, and run an app development company Agicent.com :)

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Also Swift (and of course Swift 2) for alot of the newer functionality from what I've read. Actually, if there is anyone on here that does iOS App programming as a profession, there is also another requirement that I would love to pick your brain on if I may?

For example one of the other requirements that is mentioned on the Apple Website is that you must also have a registered USA business id (even if you are not based in the USA). But does anyone know if this is only relevant when you're at the stage where you're distributing the apps commercially, or whether this is true for learners aswell? Obviously, I would definitely get one anyway if ever I did this as a profession, but before I get to that stage I will naturally want to have practiced alot before releasing apps to the general public, so learners must have to start somewhere. But for any current iOS App developers out there, what was your experience with that aspect of it?

Any pointers in the right direction or general advice would be greatly appreciated.

The point about the business ID is great and I hope it gets some attention. I'm really interested in this as well, especially after the developer pricing change from WWDC.

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
The point about the business ID is great and I hope it gets some attention. I'm really interested in this as well, especially after the developer pricing change from WWDC.

Yeah, aside form the commercial aspect, to be honest, I've always wanted to be able to apply my programming skills to create my own software on my iPhone (even in the sense of making personal apps that do the stuff I wanted it to do). I am already extremely good at programming using Microsoft technologies, and have made all sorts of fun little apps for myself that do all sorts of useful things. But the technology changes, and skills always need updating from time to time. However, I feel that alot of what used to be good about Microsoft is quickly disappearing and being dumbed down, so being as I'm due for a skill update sometime soon anyway and am going to have to relearn a programming language from the ground up anyway, then why not just learn a language that works on a device that I actually want to use! lol. I'm actually quite excited about the prospect of being able to make custom made stuff for a mobile device, as that in itself has endless advantages and possibilities. Would mean of course that I'd have to go for the enterprise licence rather than the standard one (as I'm not really sure that having apps just made for me are really appropriate for the app store,) but even that license is pretty reasonably proceed compared to what it used to cost me to learn languages in .Net (literally used to cost thousands) so hearing that even the developers license was under 300 dollars per year is definitely music to my ears! Just wish I knew some of the finer points about eligibility in regards to the business id side of things,as that's really the only thing that's holding me up from just signing up already. But the moment I know how it works, I'll be there like a shot! ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner