Minimum price for in-app purchases?

flatline-

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've searched for the answer for days, but both Google and Apple haven't offered me anything concrete so far.

I was hoping to find someone here who could tell me whether in-app purchases done through iOS' StoreKit are bound to a minimum price. We are currently researching an app idea that would offer content for as low as 0.10 USD.

Also, I heard that Apple charges a 30% fee for all app purchases. Does this fee also apply to in-store purchases? We would also like to know to which extent we are free to choose the micro-payment processor of our liking, for all our in-app purchases.

Please excuse my ignorance, as I'm very new to iOS development. Any insights would be hugely appreciated.

Best, Ro

Gamieon

Aug 16, 2011
www.gamieon.com
I have a free app that lets you upgrade to the full version with a 99 cent in-app purchase. I don't remember ever seeing the option to do it for less than 99 cents. Like nadavhart says, pricing works in tiers.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a free app that lets you upgrade to the full version with a 99 cent in-app purchase. I don't remember ever seeing the option to do it for less than 99 cents. Like nadavhart says, pricing works in tiers.

I don't recall seeing an App for less than that either.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Axeva

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
99 cents is the minimum IAP price in the US. In a nutshell, it's $1, $2, $3, etc.

Apple changes the price in other regions around the world, but here in the USA, you can't go below a dollar.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73