Results 1 to 24 of 24
- 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM #2
- 01-31-2013, 05:09 PM #3
- 02-03-2013, 04:34 AM #4
- 02-05-2013, 04:36 AM #5
- 02-07-2013, 03:21 AM #6
When you use Viber, you can tell indirectly if your contact is online as follows:
When you make a Viber call, you will first see "Calling". It will change to "Ringing" if your contact is online and their phone is literally ringing.
When you send a message, "Delivered" means the message has been received on the other side's phone (they're online). If you only see "Sent", it means it's been sent from you, but pending the other side to come online (they're offline at the moment). So, if messages remain at "Sent" and do not become "Delivered", you might want to check with your destination contact whether or not they are connected to the internet.
In the future we might add an "Online" status message, but we still don't know when this will happen.
- 02-14-2013, 02:37 AM #7
- 02-14-2013, 09:04 AM #8
- 02-17-2013, 12:13 PM #9
- 02-17-2013, 12:16 PM #10
- 02-19-2013, 04:21 PM #11
- 03-11-2013, 04:07 PM #12
- 03-12-2013, 05:13 AM #13
- 03-12-2013, 06:26 AM #14
It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.
1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785
(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)
- 05-28-2013, 07:58 PM #15
- 08-05-2013, 08:35 PM #16
- 08-08-2013, 02:28 AM #17
- 09-30-2013, 04:28 PM #18
- 11-04-2013, 02:25 PM #19
- 11-05-2013, 12:25 PM #20
Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options). You may also try to register to Viber through a few different WiFi networks.
In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.
* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you are subscribed to.
Viber notifies you of a new contact who installed Viber only if that contact is saved on your (phone's) addressbook.
- 11-05-2013, 10:36 PM #21
- 11-07-2013, 08:54 AM #22
- 11-07-2013, 12:17 PM #23
- 11-12-2013, 06:01 AM #24
We are excited and proud to announce that we have just released a major new update to our mobile application: Viber 4.0!
What's new in the new version?
- Choose from over 1,000 stickers in the brand new Sticker Market. The Sticker Market features endless possibilities for brightening up your conversations. Download themed sticker packages and enjoy the party!
- Push-to-talk voice messaging. Send messages instantly with the new push-to-talk feature that streams your voice message as you record it.
- (Android only) Supported tablet compatibility. Viber is now fully compatible with your tablet device(s). Enjoy quality conversations, wherever is most comfortable for you!
- Group capacity increased to 100 members. Whether you want to share with your nearest and dearest or just send a message to a large group of people, Viber groups let you get in touch with even more people, all in one place.
- Beautiful conversation backgrounds in the new background gallery. Choose elegant backgrounds to decorate your conversations from our new collection, designed by our very own Viber artists.
- Forward messages to your groups. Sharing is caring. The popular feature for contacts is now also available for all groups!
As usual, we will be right here to receive your thoughts and feedback. If anyone encounters any problems or would like to share their experiences from our new update, please don't hesitate to contact us.
the Viber Team.
- By shanfoley in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 09-05-2012, 05:16 PM
- By zidge1751 in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-25-2011, 09:40 AM
- By shanfoley in forum iPhone 3GS ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2011, 09:52 PM
- By Elvis in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 03-29-2011, 05:06 PM
- By c4d in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2010, 04:38 PM