Results 1 to 1 of 1
- iPhone Beginner
- 91 Posts
Best "Find My Friends" alternative? Need compatibility with Android
Thanks for looking.
Now, I'm sure everyone is rolling his/her eyes and thinking "Just use Google Latitude". Yes, it does work, but it's a battery hog since it requires "background updating" be on to passively track others. "Find My Friends" works perfectly on iPhones and it is not a battery hog. Apparently it remotely activates Location Services when someone is tracking a particular phone but then it turns off. I noticed this by tracking my wife's phone while watching its screen - the Location icon appears briefly in the top bar (whatever that area is called).
Note to all privacy Nazis - I'm only tracking family members and everyone is OK with it.
We are about to have a mix of iPhones and Android phones in the family thus this new issue. Google Latitude works but as mentioned previously it's a battery hog, at least on iOS devices.
Any suggestions? Every alternative I've tried requires leaving Location Services on all the time.
- By Fokas914 in forum iOS 5Replies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2011, 05:32 AM
- By EvilJack8 in forum iOS 5Replies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2011, 09:38 AM
- By Guacho in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-12-2011, 03:05 PM
- By angryceltic in forum iOS 5Replies: 14Last Post: 10-12-2011, 11:46 AM
- By Pjr772 in forum iCloudReplies: 8Last Post: 10-12-2011, 11:32 AM