1Password - Dropbox Sync failure

Zvika Losh

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

I just purchased the new 1password 4 and set it up on my iPad 2 and iPhone 5.
When i try to sync it with Dropbox it opens the app, gets authorised and then i keep getting the following error:
"Failed to list data folder in Dropbox
The operation could not be completed. (dropbox.com error 404.)

I tried to check online but as this is a brand new app there isn't anything on it.

Do i need to have the app installed on my Mac for me to be able to sync on Dropbox? If so how do i import the data from my iOS devices to the Mac app?

Thanks!!

Zvika

Zvika Losh

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time i use 1Password.
I set it up on my iPad and was asked to authorise on Dropbox. I did.
Then it took me back to the 1Password app and showed an error on the sync bar.

I even checked the Dropbox site and it says that 1Password is authorised.
Wasn't asked to very my dropbox password.

Zvika Losh

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I found a solution!

Open iTunes on your PC/Mac, select your device --> click on Apps.
Below the grid of apps on the device there is a list of apps that can share files between your computer and device.
Click on 1Password and it will show you the 1Password.agilekeychain
Save this into Dropbox.

Then go to 1Password and sync.

WJay38

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I recently shifted to SplashData's SplashID Safe and I found it much convenient for easy-syncing purpose. It's the oldest mobile security app developer that is highly innovative. It promptly provides build releases for the most recent versions of a variety of platforms.

lpiphone

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Same syncing issue here.

Following Agilebits web site FAQ, I moved the "1Password.agilekeychain"file from the root of the dropbox folder to the inside of a 1Password folder. My iphone App synced OK, but my iMac created a copy of the "1Password.agilekeychain" on the root of the dropbox folder. Now my Imac and my iPhone Apps work, but they are out of sync because they are pointing to 2 different files...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I reported that issue, checked the FAQs, you need to download the Mac or PC desktop version from their site and then there is a file you need to move into your Dropbox and it should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

lpiphone

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
I have the desktop version already on my iMac. As per their FAQ section, I moved the 1Password.agilekeychain file to a new "1Password" folder inside my Dropbox. It fixed the iPhone App sync issue. But the iMac and iPhone Apps are still looking at two different 1Password.agilekeychain files. 1 on the dropbox root (created by the iMac App) and one in the 1Password folder (as moved by me).

TKs.

lpiphone

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
SOLVED !

I had to uninstall my Desktop version on the App. Once re-installed, the App used the correct file in dropbox to properly sync.
Happy new year!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711