Problems completing reminder

cMc

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Ever since updating to my iPhone 6s and IOS 10, I frequently experience an error while trying to complete my recurring reminders.

The reminder will alarm. I will force touch the reminder which initiates the menu choices to complete, snooze, etc. Unfortunately the the options are not able to be activated. I'll light touch, and force touch the options to no effect. They are completely unresponsive. I have to swipe up to dismiss the alert. It reoccurs daily until I reset my phone. Some reminders are daily therefore I may have 3 examples of the same reminder (one for the last 3 days which haven't been completed).

I have not heard of anyone else discussing this issue. I'm interested to know if others are experiencing this as well.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Ever since updating to my iPhone 6s and IOS 10, I frequently experience an error while trying to complete my recurring reminders.

The reminder will alarm. I will force touch the reminder which initiates the menu choices to complete, snooze, etc. Unfortunately the the options are not able to be activated. I'll light touch, and force touch the options to no effect. They are completely unresponsive. I have to swipe up to dismiss the alert. It reoccurs daily until I reset my phone. Some reminders are daily therefore I may have 3 examples of the same reminder (one for the last 3 days which haven't been completed).

I have not heard of anyone else discussing this issue. I'm interested to know if others are experiencing this as well.

This should be in iOS 10 area not 9...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 10.1.1. No issues with my reminders and the notifications. Try a hard reset first.
7 Reset:
Hold the power/wake button and the volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release.

All others:
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings:

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
This fixes a lot of problems.

cMc

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm on 10.1.1. No issues with my reminders and the notifications. Try a hard reset first.
7 Reset:
Hold the power/wake button and the volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release.

All others:
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings:

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
This fixes a lot of problems.

Yeah, I would do a hard reset each time it happened. Strangely enough when it rebooted it would play the alarm for the for notifications without anything displaying on the screen.

I updated to 10.2 , which did not stop the issue. I reset network settings the other day. Haven't had it happen since then.

I went ahead and just deleted the offending reminder and re-entered it.

Here's hoping this resolves the issue. Not a big deal just aggravating.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods