- iMore Newbie
- 49 Posts
Access to apps restricted with touchID
I am just wondering and maybe you guys can help me out. I've looked everywhere and it seems like without jail breaking my iPhone 5S running 9.3.3 there's not anyway to restrict access to certain apps using touchID.
Example: I click on messages, messages doesn't open unless I put my registered finger(s) on the touchID.
Is this even possible without jail breaking? I think that would be an amazing feature if it exists. Doesn't matter if it's a paid feature or free feature.
- 07-28-2016, 12:10 PM #2
- 07-28-2016, 12:22 PM #3
Re: Access to apps restricted with touchID
There is only one app that I have in which it behaves like this, OneDrive. But the app has option for securing with PIN and then alternatively it lets you use touchID to open.
The feature you want needs to be built into the app itself.
The greater picture is that your device as a whole is protected by touchID.
My Chase Bank app will let me use touchID as well.
- By bazn in forum Apple Watch Apps & GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 07-29-2016, 03:17 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-28-2016, 08:18 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-28-2016, 06:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-28-2016, 05:38 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-28-2016, 05:00 AM