To confirm, if I delete an iMessage on my iPhone, it should delete it on my iPad and vice versa, no?

This doesn't always seem to be the case for me. I'm not jail broken, and using the most current OS on both devices.

Any ideas?
    07-15-2016 05:23 PM
    To confirm, if I delete an iMessage on my iPhone, it should delete it on my iPad and vice versa, no?

This doesn't always seem to be the case for me. I'm not jail broken, and using the most current OS on both devices.

Any ideas?
    No it will not. I have to delete messages by each device. This is not a feature of what Apple calls "Sync" in Messages.

Basically each device you have has a unique Login to the Messages servers based on the Serial Number. The Messages servers push the message to the devices until they accept. This is achieved by the Messages servers effectively "copying" the message until there is a "Copy" for each device. Then there is no connection between any of them. What is received by one device is unconnected to any received by another device. It is best to think of them as different messages even though the content looks the same.
    afctee likes this.
    07-15-2016 06:17 PM