At the moment my wife and I share 1 appleid. My iCloud storage is nearly full, and our call lists are merged together.
If I setup family sharing giving her her own appleid will she:
1. Get her own iCloud with data storage allowance?
2. Separate her call lists from mine?
3. Have her own photo stream? Can we share our photo streams with each other, or merge them in to one, or would we have to create an share a stream and add photos to it manually?
Thanks for your replies.
- 06-19-2016, 06:54 AM #2
Re: Family Sharing
Hi there! You're right on with your assessments:
1. She'll get her own iCloud with 5gb storage allowance. You can each then increase if you want with the rates here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201238
2. Everything will be separate, no more cross over with IDs. Just make sure to go through Settings -> Messages, Settings -> iCloud, etc., to clear all that out and set them to the right ID.
3. You'll each have your own photo stream. You can create a shared stream as well, and each add photos to it to share with the other. We do this, with one called "Family photos" and add things to it periodically. We also invited others to see the photos (like grandma!) but only the two of us can add/delete from it.
Note you can still share the same iTunes account. But having your own separate iCloud is a must.
- 06-19-2016, 06:56 AM #3
Re: Family Sharing
A couple more things
- If you're using the iCloud backup in there as well, which would take up space, you'll want to delete the backup for your wife's phone from iCloud.
- When you remove the iCloud info from your wife's phone, it may ask you to delete or keep them on the phone. Make sure to select keep them on the phone. When you add the new iCloud info, it will sync them to that account.
- 06-19-2016, 01:00 PM #5
- 06-23-2016, 11:35 AM #7
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-17-2016, 05:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2016, 01:03 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-16-2016, 08:18 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-13-2016, 07:11 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2016, 12:40 PM