iOS 9.3.3 now available

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 9.3.2 Full public release now available

Finally, animations are smooth in landscape mode on my 6s Plus!
Not here sadly :(. Around 9.3.1 it seemed as though the 3D Touch lag issue experienced in landscape mode on the 6s Plus was resolved. It is back for me in full force now...but I presume it never really went away either. For those that want to reproduce the problem, turn off rotation lock and flip the 6s Plus to landscape mode, then 3D Touch press the Messages icon and observe the severe lag.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Not here sadly :(. Around 9.3.1 it seemed as though the 3D Touch lag issue experienced in landscape mode on the 6s Plus was resolved. It is back for me in full force now...but I presume it never really went away either. For those that want to reproduce the problem, turn off rotation lock and flip the 6s Plus to landscape mode, then 3D Touch press the Messages icon and observe the severe lag.

I did a clean install of 9.3.1 literally a couple of days ago, and I experienced the landscape lag after the initial setup and before I went to reinstall apps (yes, I waited a while to let everything "settle")

I tested for the lag shortly after updating to 9.3.2. and it was gone.

It's kind of a pain but maybe a clean install of 9.3.2 will fix your issues?

Last edited:

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

I did a clean install of 9.3.1 literally a couple of days ago, and I experienced the landscape lag after the initial setup and before I went to reinstall apps (yes, I waited a while to let everything "settle")

I tested for the lag shortly after updating to 9.3.2. and it was gone.

It's kind of a pain but maybe a clean install of 9.3.2. will fix your issues?
To be honest, clean install or not, if it is still occurring then the bug that is causing it is still around. Maybe it will disappear temporarily, but I am certain that after some time it would reappear. Considering I rarely use 3D Touch in landscape mode and in fact rarely use landscape mode period the time it takes to do a full clean install is not worth spending. iOS 10 is coming anyway and that is bound to shake things up sufficiently enough to get rid of this issue.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

My lock screen clock has disappeared. Is anyone facing this?View attachment 106817

Not at all. What type of iPhone do you have and have you tried rebooting the device?

69298b64fe5bf494c6cf8d1765ee5628.jpg

Everything is running buttery smooth on my 6s Plus as it was before and after the iOS 9.3.2 update

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Updated both my 6s and iPad 2 last night around 9:30 p.m. my time (EDT) and so far no issues. Also no issues with the lock screen clock.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Applied to both my 6S+'s (personal, work..) and I'm noticed a big slow down on the one with my AT&T sim in it. Also, the option for personal hotspot in settings is gone..Anyone know how I might get it back or if there's some user error here on my part? It was there prior to the update and now poof..

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Applied to both my 6S+'s (personal, work..) and I'm noticed a big slow down on the one with my AT&T sim in it. Also, the option for personal hotspot in settings is gone..Anyone know how I might get it back or if there's some user error here on my part? It was there prior to the update and now poof..

Go to Settings > General > About and see if it prompts you for a carrier settings update.

Also, have you tried restarting the phone or re-seating the SIM card?

Powarun

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Updated and have choppy bluetooth during calls from my car. Noticed this yesterday, haven't rebooted my phone or did any troubleshooting yet.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Updated and have choppy bluetooth during calls from my car. Noticed this yesterday, haven't rebooted my phone or did any troubleshooting yet.

I made a call in my car last night and the person on the other end suddenly went silent. When he called back the call quality wasn't that great. Could have been that he didn't have great service, but I'll have to keep an eye (or ear in this case) out.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Updated 6s plus and about 1/2 my notifications were turned off. So far no other problems. Seems to be running great.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

To be honest, clean install or not, if it is still occurring then the bug that is causing it is still around. Maybe it will disappear temporarily, but I am certain that after some time it would reappear. Considering I rarely use 3D Touch in landscape mode and in fact rarely use landscape mode period the time it takes to do a full clean install is not worth spending. iOS 10 is coming anyway and that is bound to shake things up sufficiently enough to get rid of this issue.

It returned on my phone. :-(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have the same issue on my 5S. :( Battery draining quickly... any solution ?

I don't notice any battery drain on my 6s Plus. The main 3 things that use the most battery are screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Check those. Do you really need all those notifications from apps? Do they all really need location services on? Is your brightness turned down as much as possible? After those, it turns to what you do. Games, Facebook, videos, etc.

psyclingfan

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

A couple of times the keyboard and messaging apps have stopped responding. This occurred with both stock SMS and Facebook messenger. I never had this issue with any of the betas. Force closing did not help. I had to restart the phone.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Go to Settings > General > About and see if it prompts you for a carrier settings update.

Also, have you tried restarting the phone or re-seating the SIM card?

Thanks, but I tried both of your suggestions to no avail. I guess I'll have to go to AT&T. Pray for me. Thanks for your help.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Is anyone else also getting that super annoying "enter iCloud password in settings" bug that just won't seem to go away?? I get it at least once a day and it's super annoying. It's a bug I've noticed since iOS 9.0

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Haven't seen it yet on 9.3.2 but I use to get it alot in the past. Sometime multiple times in a day.