Instagram Notification Bug?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the official 9.3, but this was happening to me on the beta versions as well.

Does anyone else not get any notifications from Instagram? Notifications for when people tag me in something or a new fb friend joins insta shows up, but I am not getting any notifications for likes or comments (in the app or in Notification Center). When I check a photo, the likes and comments are there, I just don't get notifications...

I have checked all the settings both in the app and in iPhone settings. I've also deleted and reinstalled the app. Any ideas??

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I had not noticed, but since you posted... no notifications for me either (every single push notification that can be turned on in Instagram is enabled). I even made sure it was allowed to refresh in the background and that it's allowed to use Cellular service.

On your phone settings, when you go in to Settings > Notifications, do you see Instagram listed? I don't!

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Same here...always thought that's just the way is was. It's also not listed in notifications on my phone either...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Very weird. I do see Instagram listed in my settings > notifications though. I've reported the bug to Instagram on the app a few times with no results. Maybe I will try emailing them or looking up a contact on their website... I want my notifications back! Haha

JanuarJaguar

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
InstaGram user here.

Getting notifications (not all of them, probably 99% of them), when the application is NOT Opened or Running in the Background. Hint: background application refresh is turned OFF on my device, iPhone5S, running on iOS 9.1

Here's another observation, related to InstaGram notifications.

Can someone please confirm, if this issue/bug happens with you?

You got a lot of notifications, mentioning that XYZ users you're following posted a photo/video.
Also, you received some Direct Messages (not comments related to a post, or that you've been mentioned/tagged by ZYX user in a post).

* When tapping first, to read a Direct Message, right after that, all the other remaining notifications (from InstaGram) will disappear from the Notification Center.

* When tapping first, to read a random notification, which is not a Direct Message, all the other remaining notifications (from InstaGram) will disappear from the Notification Center.

***Remember: This bug happens only, when Notification Center contains Direct Messages from other users. If you got 99 notifications about new posts, you can check them out one by one, anytime. ***

I cannot be sure, if this one is a bug, or it's intended to be working this way, since I started using InstaGram only recently. Anyway, I've sent a message to the developer team, mentioning my observations.

Thank you, regards.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
So even with the new design and update, there is still no listing of Instagram in my notifications tab. Any changed for others?

Natasha Glover2

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the official 9.3, but this was happening to me on the beta versions as well.

Does anyone else not get any notifications from Instagram? Notifications for when people tag me in something or a new fb friend joins insta shows up, but I am not getting any notifications for likes or comments (in the app or in Notification Center). When I check a photo, the likes and comments are there, I just don't get notifications...

I have checked all the settings both in the app and in iPhone settings. I've also deleted and reinstalled the app. Any ideas??

I have the exact same problem! It's been like this for the last few months I haven't gotten any like or comment notifications, I tried everything from deleting and reinstalling, changing time settings, turning phone off and on, looking at both settings in iPhone and on Instagram. Nothing has worked. I have reported to Instagram and messaged them but no response. This is the only post I've seen about the problem! Have you found a way to fix this?? I only get notifications of new friends joining Instagram or sometimes I get tagged notifications but only sometimes.

There needs to be a way to fix it

James Scott9

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Same here, I have not received any notifications in about a month.

Delete the app > Reinstall the app > When it prompts you to Allow Notifications, select ok (I believe it asks two times), yes to both. Instagram will then be listed in setting and you manage the notifications. Solved my issue, which was the same as the reported issue.

bela112

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem right now, i've tried literally everything and i still can't see my notifications. Can someone help me, please? :(

kcassendo

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Have you gotten any reply from them? I've also noticed if I clik on my DM notification, every other notification disappear....so I always erase them in my notification screen and then check my DM directly in the app once I'm done checking all my notifications (I turned on notifications for some fashion accounts). But recently it started doing the same thing without me even having any DM....I click on one regular notification and then they all disappear? That's really annoying

kcassendo

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
InstaGram user here.

Can someone please confirm, if this issue/bug happens with you?

You got a lot of notifications, mentioning that XYZ users you're following posted a photo/video.
Also, you received some Direct Messages (not comments related to a post, or that you've been mentioned/tagged by ZYX user in a post).

* When tapping first, to read a Direct Message, right after that, all the other remaining notifications (from InstaGram) will disappear from the Notification Center.

* When tapping first, to read a random notification, which is not a Direct Message, all the other remaining notifications (from InstaGram) will disappear from the Notification Center.

***Remember: This bug happens only, when Notification Center contains Direct Messages from other users. If you got 99 notifications about new posts, you can check them out one by one, anytime. ***

I cannot be sure, if this one is a bug, or it's intended to be working this way, since I started using InstaGram only recently. Anyway, I've sent a message to the developer team, mentioning my observations.

Thank you, regards.

Have you gotten any reply from them? I've also noticed if I clik on my DM notification, every other notification disappear....so I always erase them in my notification screen and then check my DM directly in the app once I'm done checking all my notifications (I turned on notifications for some fashion accounts). But recently it started doing the same thing without me even having any DM....I click on one regular notification and then they all disappear? That's really annoying

OT1234

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Delete the app > Reinstall the app > When it prompts you to Allow Notifications, select ok (I believe it asks two times), yes to both. Instagram will then be listed in setting and you manage the notifications. Solved my issue, which was the same as the reported issue.

Hi there, just wondered if anyone has found a solution yet? I've been having this issue for about 3 months now and it's driving me crazy. Have tried all of the above and even deleted my account before re-activating. Still nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated? Thank you.

Shaheed Muhammad

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
My issue is when I click on the (heart) for the Notification Center I can ONLY when comments that have my screen name tagged in them. I can’t see likes or any other comments to my pics from there. Only seeing comments with my name tagged & “Suggestions” which is extremely annoying. But when I go to the actual post, Likes & all comments are visible. I’ve tried everything I could including changing settings, reinstalling, etc. and nothing works. But when I log into another account of mine from the same device with the same settings it works perfectly fine.

jgold

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
My issue is when I click on the (heart) for the Notification Center I can ONLY when comments that have my screen name tagged in them. I can’t see likes or any other comments to my pics from there. Only seeing comments with my name tagged & “Suggestions” which is extremely annoying. But when I go to the actual post, Likes & all comments are visible. I’ve tried everything I could including changing settings, reinstalling, etc. and nothing works. But when I log into another account of mine from the same device with the same settings it works perfectly fine.

have you been able to solve this? i'm having the same issue

shilink2016

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Re: new Instagram Notification Bug?

have you been able to solve this? i'm having the same issue

I was having this problem in the past and now again after I was forced to reinstall instagram after an update froze and wouldn't continue.
I have all sorts of notifications set - from the regular comments/likes to post notifications for a ton of users who's posts I don't want to miss.
Now, if I click any phone notification, regardless of a DM or like or if a user posted, it clears allll my other instgram notifications from my phone's notification center. (iphone 6s ios 11.2.1)
Have not been able to figure out how to fix this. It USED to happen, then stopped for many months until the reinstall.
Also, there's no way to just contact instagram, right? I figured there ins't other than the mysterious 'report a bug' thing that isn't any real communication....
Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW