Siri doesn't speak anymore!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is she displaying an answer in text but just not speaking he answer? What happens if you ask her what the weather is? I'm just trying to determine where the breakdown is.
Also, do you have Siri toggled on in Settings > General > Siri? I've found that she gets deactivated after an update from time to time.

AndroidDario

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes, everything is turned on, also tried to switch Siri off and then in again.
If I Asia a question she answers correctly, but doesn't speak. Everything work, except the voice.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, everything is turned on, also tried to switch Siri off and then in again.
If I Asia a question she answers correctly, but doesn't speak. Everything work, except the voice.

Check the usual suspects....Make sure your volume isn't turned down all of the way, perform a hard reset (Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo). You can hear sounds from other apps?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
You can adjust Siri's volume using the volume buttons when she is active. Also, have you checked the ringer switch? She might not give voice feedback if the ringer switch is set to silent. You can change this behavior in Settings > General > Siri.

thormariusp

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, changing language ( in my case to English (USA) ) made her talk again.
I'm norwegian, and she has stopped speaking norwegian after the update.

What language are you using?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've actually noticed the same thing. When I say "Hey Siri", she doesn't answer audibly. I can see "yes"? on the screen. Once I ask her a question, I can then hear her.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73