9.3 wifi - keychain question, any help?

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
9.3 wifi - keychain question

I have an iPhone 6 and a wifi only iPad. At work, I will connect my iPad to wifi, but I prefer for my iPhone to not be connected to this wifi. If I am understanding correctly, having the keychain feature turned on both the iPhone and iPad, my phone will automatically connect my iPhone to the wifi also. When I tell my iPhone to "forget this network", my iPad will also disconnect.

Other than turning keychain off/turning wifi off on iPhone, is there a way to keep my iPhone from connecting to the wifi?

Thanks for your help!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: 9.3 wifi - keychain question

Really the only way to keep your phone from connecting to Wi-Fi is to turn it off. Simple to do. Just swipe up and turn it off.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

I guess I never had keychain turned on on the iPad because never had this happen until I updated to 9.3. I guess keychain got turned on when I updated the iPad.

I understand turning wifi off on my iPhone is the easiest option; I just forget to turn if off when I get to work, and turn it back on when I get home.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Or download IFTTT (now just IF) and have it remind you by location. I use it for a few repeat/routine location based alerts rather than clog up reminders.

Thanks - app sounds interesting. I'll give it a try!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Thanks - app sounds interesting. I'll give it a try!

It's great. Lots of recipes. IFTTT stands for "if this then that" so it's quite fun. I have it set to alert in a geofence but there's a lot there to choose from.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen