- iMore Intermediate
- 466 Posts
Signal strength indicator help on iOS 9?
I read both of these threads:
I get the part to opening the Field Test but none of these tell me how to go any further because there's a "back to ___" blocking where I would see the dots or not. Help please?
I am on iOS 9.2.1 and I have the 5s, if that's relevant.
- Best AnswerMar 16 2016 | 9:37 am EDT
- 03-16-2016, 09:37 AM #2
Re: Signal strength indicator help on iOS 9?
Enabling Signal Number as Reception Indicator Rather Than Signal Bars / Dots
To always see the signal numbers rather than the signal bars or dots, you’ll use the Force Quit app function to kill Field Test when it’s open:
- Dial *3001#12345#* and hit “Call” if you haven’t done so already to launch Field Test.
- Now hold down the Power button until the “Slide to Power Off” message appears (do not touch the “Slide to Power Off”), just release the Power button and hold the Home button until Field Test quits.
- Tap the signal bars or signal numbers to switch between the two. Small area to touch so may take some getting use too.
To remove the tap-to-switch signal indicator ability, you can either reboot the iPhone or go back into Field Test and close out of it as usual.
Here it is in action.
- 03-16-2016, 09:49 AM #4
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2016, 05:45 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2016, 05:41 AM
- By mattkaff in forum iPhone SEReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2016, 05:39 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2016, 05:34 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2016, 05:30 AM