Anyone Share Their ICloud Space

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of tying my wife's iPhone to my iCloud account. So that we won't need to pay for two sets of iCloud storage. I've got 200 gb and I only use around 15 gb of it on iPhone storage space. So I'd like to share some of that with my wife. Anyone had complications with this? Any potential problems to be aware of?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of tying my wife's iPhone to my iCloud account. So that we won't need to pay for two sets of iCloud storage. I've got 200 gb and I only use around 15 gb of it on iPhone storage space. So I'd like to share some of that with my wife. Anyone had complications with this? Any potential problems to be aware of?

You would then have to share the same gb of storage. In other words, If I shared my iCloud with my wife, we would share 5 gb of storage space, rather than us each having 5 gb of our own for 10 gb total. Sharing an iCloud account is not a good idea. You run into all sorts of problems. Keep your separate accounts. You need separate iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's. You can share the iTunes ID so you can share the iTunes purchases. But only the iTunes ID.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Problems? Definitely :)

You'll get duplicate info on the phones, i.e. contacts, iMessages, notes, calendar, etc. as you'll both be logged in to the same account.

Use different iCloud, but feel free to share an iTunes account.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
99 cents per month for 50gb is a lot in comparison with dropbox, but i find it easy to swallow every month.
Finder integration on mac is awesome

Less than a $1? How can that be hard to swallow? I don't even notice the .99 going out each month except for the e-mail they send! :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
99 cents per month for 50gb is a lot in comparison with dropbox, but i find it easy to swallow every month.
Finder integration on mac is awesome

I refinanced my mortgage and took cash out in order to afford my iCloud plan but I pay $2.99 a month.
Kidding, obviously. $0.99 a month isn't even noticeable. Heck, I don't notice my $9.99 Apple Music subscription coming out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2