Groups created in iCloud

Needkeys

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
When I create a group in iCloud and give it a name (e.g. Family), the group seems to sync to my iPad, since when I go to the contacts app under "groups", it will appear with the same name I assigned it.

However, when I go to the mail app and try to send or forward an email to the group, all that appears in the pop up list to choose from is the word "Group"...not "Family" or the name I assigned it.

If I create a second and a third group in iCloud, all with completely different contacts, the names I assigned the groups will all appear correctly within the contacts app under "groups", but when I go to to the mail app to create or forward an email to any one of the groups, they ALL have the exact same name in the pop up window from which to select....just "Group"...not the name I assigned.

Assume I have 50 or so groups, each with unique group names. Is there a way to have the name I assign a group in iCloud carry over so that when I go to send/forward an email from the mail app, the unique name is what appears in the pop up list (thus making it easier to identify and select the correct group)?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I created my groups with an app on my phone. But in Mail, when I type in Family in the To: field, group shows in the recents field. Like this:
b76ab5a3b7cf83f56eda4e3dfd50076e.jpg

As I continue, Family shows in full blue in the To: field. The word group as well as the names are now gone.
aef6ad234046d26dbcf04b9903c96960.jpg