How do I erase the cache memory on the iPhone Native podcast App?

ricardoretsos

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
how to erase the cache memory on the Iphone Native podcast App?

I can see that my native podcast App has more than 5GB used by cache memory.

andrwstw

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will work, but you could remove the Podcast app from your phone, which might also remove the cache. Go to the Settings app, then General, then Restrictions, then toggle off Podcasts. You can toggle it back on if you want to use the app. This *might* get rid of that extra data, but I'm uncertain.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to erase the cache memory on the Iphone Native podcast App?

What is the app size of your Podcast app? What does it say in Settings > General > Usage > Manage storage > Podcasts? I can't imagine it gets so big cache needs deleting.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: how to erase the cache memory on the Iphone Native podcast App?

What is the app size of your Podcast app? What does it say in Settings > General > Usage > Manage storage > Podcasts? I can't imagine it gets so big cache needs deleting.

Under this menu there is an option to edit, then delete podcasts stored on the device. I bet deleting those will do it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like your stored podcasts. Do you subscribe to a bunch? You can try going into the settings for your podcasts and limiting how many are kept. If you haven't listened, it can rack up a bunch of episodes. It will eventually stop if you haven't listened in a while though, which is good.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner