Folder Staying Open - Auto-Close?

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had an iPhone for about a month and notice that when I open a folder to open an app, the folder stays open after I open the app. When I press the home button to open a different app, instead of seeing the home screen with all my app icons/folders, I see the last folder I opened. I would prefer if the folder would be closed out when I pick an app rather than staying open. Is there a setting I can change to make that happen?

Thanks!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no setting to change that. It is the default behavior of iOS.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I've had an iPhone for about a month and notice that when I open a folder to open an app, the folder stays open after I open the app. When I press the home button to open a different app, instead of seeing the home screen with all my app icons/folders, I see the last folder I opened. I would prefer if the folder would be closed out when I pick an app rather than staying open. Is there a setting I can change to make that happen?

Thanks!
Is this ever an annoying thing. Even though I've had a few generations of iPhones now that I've played around with, this one still trips me up every single time. Completely counter to what the UX should be.

As stated, there is no way to change this.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Is this ever an annoying thing. Even though I've had a few generations of iPhones now that I've played around with, this one still trips me up every single time. Completely counter to what the UX should be.

As stated, there is no way to change this.

Actually I think it is exactly how it should be. I have created a directory of all my news apps. When I am done with one and want to open another I don't want to navigate all the way back to that directory to open another news app. After you exit an app press the home and it will take you back. Double tap to the app switcher. If you open an app from the app switcher, when you close it you are brought to the home screen, not the directory of that app.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Actually I think it is exactly how it should be. I have created a directory of all my news apps. When I am done with one and want to open another I don't want to navigate all the way back to that directory to open another news app. After you exit an app press the home and it will take you back. Double tap to the app switcher. If you open an app from the app switcher, when you close it you are brought to the home screen, not the directory of that app.

I used to agree with your line of thinking when I was on BB10 because I liked to open a bunch of Mobile Nations apps all at once. Now that I'm on iPhone I don't have those apps available (just iMore and a bunch of Forums apps) so I can definitely see it both ways. That's why settings are good :D

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You return to where you were before you launched the app. It's intended behavior. It may be annoying though. But otherwise would just wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl