Twitter and Facebook share sounds not working. How can I get them working?

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,

My Twitter and Facebook share confirmation sounds aren't working.

Note that I'm not referring to the notification sound, but rather, the sound it's supposed to make after one shares something on Twitter or Facebook. For example, if I'm on Safari and I share a link to Twitter, the "Tweet" sound doesn't work. Same goes for Facebook. The "Swoosh" sound isn't working.

I've checked and double-checked my settings, and they are correct. Volume is up.

I've sought help elsewhere on the Internet but so far no resolution.

I'm running iOS 9.2.1 on an iPhone 6s Plus.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Twitter and Facebook share sounds not working

i thought those sounds only worked on the native apps. Or while in the IOS not on a web browser.

Rafagon

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site

i thought those sounds only worked on the native apps. Or while in the IOS not on a web browser.
They were working on iOS previously… even for sharing through Safari.

You can't Tweet from the notifications screen, so the only native iOS Tweeting possible is sharing a link thorugh Safari. Or am I mistaken?

The iOS Settings screen has settings for these sounds, which leads me to believe it should continue working as before, from iOS.

(Settings > Sounds > Tweet and Settings > Sounds > Facebook Post).

PS: Looks like a moderator edited my thread title. I had not originally included the second sentence ("how can I get them working?"). Could that same moderator please capitalize the "H" in "How"? It's the first letter of the sentence. Thanks :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

They were working on iOS previously? even for sharing through Safari.

You can't Tweet from the notifications screen, so the only native iOS Tweeting possible is sharing a link thorugh Safari. Or am I mistaken?

The iOS Settings screen has settings for these sounds, which leads me to believe it should continue working as before, from iOS.

(Settings > Sounds > Tweet and Settings > Sounds > Facebook Post).

PS: Looks like a moderator edited my thread title. I had not originally included the second sentence ("how can I get them working?"). Could that same moderator please capitalize the "H" in "How"? It's the first letter of the sentence. Thanks :)

I fixed the title for you

I honestly am not 100 percent sure but are you logged in on fb and Twitter in the iOS settings ?
Also I think those sound settings would be for sharing options built into the OS for instance when you share a pic from photos and select fb it will prompt the fb share widget that's built into iOS.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Like if I'm in the YouTube app and share a video to Twitter or Facebook. The "Send" sounds no longer work. I have sent Apple feedback.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I fixed the title for you

I honestly am not 100 percent sure but are you logged in on fb and Twitter in the iOS settings ?
Also I think those sound settings would be for sharing options built into the OS for instance when you share a pic from photos and select fb it will prompt the fb share widget that's built into iOS.

These don't work!
1d00fd2d43ca1aba33b5d68747a1a829.jpg

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm using 9.3 beta, and they're not working for me either. FB pop for Likes work though.

Just tweeted this;

.@iOS_Support Ppl @ iMore reporting Tweet & FB share sounds not working anymore. 9.2.1 & 9.3 beta.

MisterLuigi

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Not working for me either. iOS 9.3.1. iPhone 6s+. Glad I found this thread so I didn't waste my time drying to solve the unsolvable. I submitted feedback to Apple. How does this kind of thing get through beta testing???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711