iPhone 6S/iOS 9.2.1 Don't Play Well with Windows Explorer?

KeyPlayaJim

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 6S/iOS 9.2.1 Don't Play Well with Windows Explorer

I posted this in the iPhone 6S forum, but have received no replies. I am hopeful that someone here has an answer:

On my old 4S, I could easily transfer photos via USB from the phone to my Win7 PC simply by dragging & dropping, using Windows Explorer (WE). With my 6S, running iOS 9.2.1, WE never finishes reading the contents of the phone's picture folder(s): the progress bar quickly slows to a crawl and never gets to the end. If I try to drag & drop anything during that time, WE hangs, of course, and has to be forcibly terminated.

Is this common problem with the 6 series phone, or with iOS 9? Is there a fix? Using WE to transfer photos is much faster and simpler than using iTunes or and FTP or HTTP transfer app; I'd really like to solve this.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6S/iOS 9.2.1 Don't Play Well with Windows Explorer

No such issue here. iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1, Win7.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

have you tried a different computer to see if it's related to the computer you are using?

KeyPlayaJim

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I don't have another computer to try with, but I do not have the same issue with my wife's iPhone 4S, running the same version of iOS.

KeyPlayaJim

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thanks - I do have a WiFi file transfer app that works, but I was hoping for a solution to the Windows Explorer approach. It has always worked well with my wife's 4S, and still does, and it's a lot simpler than using the other methods.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
You may want to go into your computer's settings for hardware and devices and remove all iPhones and let Windows detect your new iPhone 6S from scratch. There may be a conflict.

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

Two quick questions:
1. Have you tried a different USB port?
2. When WE locks up, are you getting any error message Saying? Perhaps check event viewer.

KeyPlayaJim

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Same results with both open USB ports. No error messages, it just seems to endlessly read the phone's file directory, without ever finishing. I'll see if I can find anything unusual in the Event Viewer. Thanks for the suggestion!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh