iOS 9.2.1 is out!

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Its too bad we cant move apps from one account to another or I would have done this and been done with it.

Will advise what tomorrow brings after I go to the Apple Store.

Oh, we think alike. I was thinking the same thing, but have a ton of apps and am a family manager for my kids two accounts. It would be too much trouble....then to just have it break again.

I'm just hoping they don't pull the "known issue" card on you. Good luck. Don't delete that backup on a new device if you get it!

fallenxx

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Been having this same problem since updating to 9.0 way back when. Phone stopped backing up to icloud. I've updated each time a new one came out HOPING it would fix the issue, no luck yet. FOUR MONTHS I have been dealing with this. Several calls to Apple, no help. I have tried all the suggestions on this forum plus every one on the Apple Community Forum, still does not work. I have spent HOURS dealing with this. Some of the agents act like they have no idea what I'm talking about. Some agents will try to help but everything they've done/suggested does not work. I updated to 9.2.1 and the backup still does not work.
The agent told me it was not my device, it was my software, but a different agent told me it was icloud servers, as 9 is on a different server than 8. Ios 8 worked all the time every day no matter what. ios 9 has worked on it's own a handful of times in the past 4 months but will go days without working and then I have to hard reset phone and do a manual backup.
I am being told "It's a known issue" as well, but they have made no attempt to fix it. 9 came out in September and multiple users still can't back up their phones. I don't understand why they release updates before they've been tested determined that they actually work. This whole back up issue is a nightmare for me. I wish I could get back all the hours wasted.
I honestly don't think they care or it would have been fixed for EVERYONE by now.

rickkop

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The same crap happened to my Mac Book Pro when I upgraded to El Capitan. I had to do a restore back to Snow Leopard. No more Apple upgrades for me.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
After getting some sleep, I decided to try once more. Went into the settings on my 6s and whataya know.... it had backed up yesterday after I had tried to do backups on iTunes with my PC and then my laptop. Makes me wonder if fiddling with iTunes somehow un-constipated it on my iPhone.

I also wonder; does having backup enabled on the phone disable it on iTunes? I was able to backup to iCloud on iTunes before I enabled it on my phone. Now that it's enabled on my phone, it wont backup on iTunes to the cloud. I don't want to fiddle with it anymore for fear of it screwing up if I try to test my theory.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Its too bad we cant move apps from one account to another or I would have done this and been done with it.

Will advise what tomorrow brings after I go to the Apple Store.

iCloud and iTunes store are two different things. My iTunes account is one email but I use a different one for iCloud. I used to have them both the same, but as iCloud took off I created a new one to keep the store separate.

There is room in settings for both.

Settings -> iTunes & App Store (leave this alone, these are your apps, movies, music, etc.)
Settings -> iCloud (this is the one you want to change)

With family sharing, I'm not 100% sure how that works because we only just started using it as the kids get older to have their own, but I have used separate iTunes and iCloud accounts for some time now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iCloud and iTunes store are two different things. My iTunes account is one email but I use a different one for iCloud. I used to have them both the same, but as iCloud took off I created a new one to keep the store separate.

There is room in settings for both.

Settings -> iTunes & App Store (leave this alone, these are your apps, movies, music, etc.)
Settings -> iCloud (this is the one you want to change)

With family sharing, I'm not 100% sure how that works because we only just started using it as the kids get older to have their own, but I have used separate iTunes and iCloud accounts for some time now.

Exactly. My iTunes ID is the same as my iCloud. But my wife uses my iTunes ID with her own iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's. Works great for sharing paid apps, music and etc. For only 2 people, it's better than Family Sharing.

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Is it just my opinion or does It seems apparent that every new update that comes out has new glitches and more problems and less fixes. Lets be honest here, 9.2 is certainly not much of an upgrade. IOS 7 was my all time favorite and i am still blazing on 8.4 because If it isn't broken then avoid updating.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it just my opinion or does It seems apparent that every new update that comes out has new glitches and more problems and less fixes. Lets be honest here, 9.2 is certainly not much of an upgrade. IOS 7 was my all time favorite and i am still blazing on 8.4 because If it isn't broken then avoid updating.

I don't have any issues with 9.2. Most don't. iOS 7 had it's share of bugs. Safari was really messed up. Freezes and what not. iOS 6 was my favorite. Add today's newest features to iOS 6....yes! Lol

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

It's like that for all software, not just operating systems. Windows, Android, Linux, Unix etc. etc. etc. all have their glitches after updates. My fiance' is a programmer (he works from home and does database work, programming, writes tools and software, and does business intelligence) so I tend to play devils advocate most times. It's not always easy getting things close to perfect. If you have a version that you like, then stick with that. But also be aware that when you don't update you don't get the security patches needed to fix sometimes dangerous vulnerabilities.

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I miss ios6 as well. My first taste of jailbreak iphone 4s with 6.14 and I've been jailbroken all the way to 8.4 with the new 6+. In regards to security updates, I see every updates with every security patches nowadays that I'm no longer scared of security breaches. IOS is more secure than any other operating system virus and malware is highly unlikely compared to windows. I know apple is busy with security holes and patches to prevent a new jailbreak community from growing but i don't think i can use apples stock apps and update to anymore updates. guess i'll live and die with jailbroken 8.4. Like Darth Vader said, "If your only knew the power of a jailbroken iphone" or something like that. Lol

femme

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
This update fixed some peek and pop bugs for me. Instagram was crashing when I tried to peek at certain things, now it's all gravy.

Bigwoodque

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So I did the update and it removed the time, carrier info, and battery info all missing. I've reset the phone but it's still not showing. Any suggestions?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Aside from a hiccup with iCloud backups, I can't tell any difference between 9.2 and 9.2.1. My phone runs.... buttery smooth. :p

If your only knew the power of a jailbroken iphone

I have two rooted Androids right here in my drawer running custom roms (one Cyanogen and one Slim Rom), so I'm no stranger to it. I jailbroke my iPod Touch just to see what all of the fuss was about, and was not in the least bit impressed. Now if they were to add some way for me to have an app drawer, Id be all over that jailbreak like nobody's bidness. This is not to say I will never jailbreak my new 6s. That will depend on how irritated I get with ads in apps. I loath ads and would rather dig both eyes out with a spork than see a single one.

As for the stock iOS 9.2.1. I'm more than pleased.

bluegreen1965

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I updated to this on Wednesday and now I don't have any notification sounds. My ringer is turned up as is the volume. It seemed to start malfunctioning after I used the music app yesterday, because before that it seemed fine. The Do Not Disturb settings are as they were set prior to upgrading. Any ideas??

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
See if you can downgrade to 9.2 and see if that fixes the problem. If not then send it to the apple store and ask if you can get an iphone thats "buttery smooth" like the last two post. :) Apparently not all iphones are made blazing fast and buttery smooth perfect with 9.21.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I updated to this on Wednesday and now I don't have any notification sounds. My ringer is turned up as is the volume. It seemed to start malfunctioning after I used the music app yesterday, because before that it seemed fine. The Do Not Disturb settings are as they were set prior to upgrading. Any ideas??

Someone might be able to better assist you if you post over in the Ask A Question thread, or even in your phone specific thread. I needed help yesterday and someone came to my rescue. :)

Ask a Question - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner