iOS 9.2.1 is out!

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Totally, I've spent way too much of my timer dealing with this. Including the hour and a half i wasted talking to Apple. Their response was it is a known issue, use iTunes to backup. Supposed to be hearing back from them tonight....we'll see.

I was told the same thing. Known issue, use iTunes to backup, to to await a fix from Apple with no timeframe for said fix given. Let me know if you hear anything decent from them.

mike_fotos

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I was told that they are working on the issue and a future update will fix the problem. They also told me that's it doesn't affect all users.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The last 2 iCloud back ups I did, didn't complete the first go. But each time, on the 7th and today, I immediately tried again and it completed.
Just finished this one:
40e43fc7fb91a320301233c932de7a63.jpg

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Totally, I've spent way too much of my timer dealing with this. Including the hour and a half i wasted talking to Apple. Their response was it is a known issue, use iTunes to backup. Supposed to be hearing back from them tonight....we'll see.

Did you hear back from Apple last night?

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you hear back from Apple last night?

Nope. Not even a "were still working on it" call. I've been trying to restore my iPad as new since 9.2.1 released and I can't download the ipsw to do so. I want to wipe it and restore it as new and see if that possibly fixes it. Doubtful though.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Not even a "were still working on it" call. I've been trying to restore my iPad as new since 9.2.1 released and I can't download the ipsw to do so. I want to wipe it and restore it as new and see if that possibly fixes it. Doubtful though.

Keep me posted man. Shame on Apple for this issue.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Keep me posted man. Shame on Apple for this issue.

Will do.

Yea, I've only been experiencing it for a few days. I can't believe how long some people have been waiting without a backup. What do the people who don't have a computer with iTunes do? They need to take care of this.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
How funny is that. I literally just this minute finished an update on my blog about my new phone, and how Apple updates more frequently than my previously owned phone *cough* Google *cough*.

Installing now! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Will do.

Yea, I've only been experiencing it for a few days. I can't believe how long some people have been waiting without a backup. What do the people who don't have a computer with iTunes do? They need to take care of this.

I agree. It really is crazy. I have read on some other forums that folks have not been able to backup since September. Not cool at all.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I agree. It really is crazy. I have read on some other forums that folks have not been able to backup since September. Not cool at all.

I've had mine turned off, so never used it (I do backups manually with iTunes). I enabled it on my phone just now for the very first time and promptly received the same error message as you guys. IMHO you should be able to disable wifi and do a backup that way (default setting being Off). It would surely rule out those having issues over wifi instead of with the backup software or the iCloud servers. I've been suspecting a wifi issue on my end lately simply because Life360 keeps losing me, which is an issue that followed me from my Android device. And the wifi is sitting right on my desk so I'm practically sitting right on top of it. Makes me wonder.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I just replicated the issue on my sons account with an iPad mini. Was backing up just fine. Deleted the backup, now can't backup.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Those of you having problems backing up with iCloud, have you tried signing out of your iCloud account, then signing back in?

If you still have issues, I would contact Apple Support again. Maybe the rep you got the first time was a newbie. Ask for a tech support person.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Those of you having problems backing up with iCloud, have you tried signing out of your iCloud account, then signing back in?

If you still have issues, I would contact Apple Support again. Maybe the rep you got the first time was a newbie. Ask for a tech support person.

I've tried everything imaginable.

Also spoke with Apple Senior Advisor. The best answer they are giving is "known issue, use iTunes to backup".

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Seems I spoke too soon. Now iTunes will not let me backup to iCloud. No error, just doesn't do the backup even though you can see it trying to do something at the top. It backs up to my computer just fine. :crying:

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I've tried everything imaginable.

Also spoke with Apple Senior Advisor. The best answer they are giving is "known issue, use iTunes to backup".

Same here. Apple just says its a known issue and wait for a fix. Its ridiculous at this point.\

Did you try to restore from iTunes like you said earlier man?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice