iOS 9.2.1 is out!

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Oh, we think alike. I was thinking the same thing, but have a ton of apps and am a family manager for my kids two accounts. It would be too much trouble....then to just have it break again.

I'm just hoping they don't pull the "known issue" card on you. Good luck. Don't delete that backup on a new device if you get it!

Ok so my trip to the Apple store was useless. Asked the tech if he was aware of it. Told him everything I've tried and he was like wow. He goes in the back and says he wants to check my account. Comes back and sees no issues. Says he wants to reinstall iOS and he does. Guess what, still not working lol. Says its an account issue, refused to swap devices. Offered to have Apple support call me back. They did, never got to speak to someone because the phone call dropped lol.

I will follow up with Apple Support via the phone again but he already has seen my previous support issues with Apple and still basically said the same thing. Use iTunes to backup and wait for a fix.

Ugh.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
iCloud and iTunes store are two different things. My iTunes account is one email but I use a different one for iCloud. I used to have them both the same, but as iCloud took off I created a new one to keep the store separate.

There is room in settings for both.

Settings -> iTunes & App Store (leave this alone, these are your apps, movies, music, etc.)
Settings -> iCloud (this is the one you want to change)

With family sharing, I'm not 100% sure how that works because we only just started using it as the kids get older to have their own, but I have used separate iTunes and iCloud accounts for some time now.

I would like to create a new Apple id, sign into it, but yet have all of my paid apps moved over from my existing one. Pretty sure that is not possible.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would like to create a new Apple id, sign into it, but yet have all of my paid apps moved over from my existing one. Pretty sure that is not possible.

Understood. But iCloud and iTunes are two different things. You can create a new iCloud without affecting your iTunes purchases. Or are you saying you want to have them the same?

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Understood. But iCloud and iTunes are two different things. You can create a new iCloud without affecting your iTunes purchases. Or are you saying you want to have them the same?

Id would like to create a new Apple ID that I can use on my iPhone, backup to iCloud, and retain all of my purchases.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Id would like to create a new Apple ID that I can use on my iPhone, backup to iCloud, and retain all of my purchases.

Not sure if that's possible.... something Apple would have to help you with for sure.

Work around would be to set up the new one, and enable family sharing from the original. It would get messy though.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if that's possible.... something Apple would have to help you with for sure.

Work around would be to set up the new one, and enable family sharing from the original. It would get messy though.

Yup that is what I am trying to say lol. I am at a loss at this point.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you think that would work to fix my problem though?

If you're referring to the backup issue, all I can say is "maybe". The only time I've encountered problems backing up to iCloud was when there were iCloud-related problems on Apple's end. I probably backup to iCloud once a month, but I backup to iTunes once a week or so. Anyway, create an alias and see. You can always delete it.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
If you're referring to the backup issue, all I can say is "maybe". The only time I've encountered problems backing up to iCloud was when there were iCloud-related problems on Apple's end. I probably backup to iCloud once a month, but I backup to iTunes once a week or so. Anyway, create an alias and see. You can always delete it.

Thanks I will give it a try since I'm about to be snowed in this weekend :) will report back thanks.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks I will give it a try since I'm about to be snowed in this weekend :) will report back thanks.

No problem, and I'm already snowed in and now I have sheets of ice pellets battering my windows at this very moment.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will check it out thanks

You should be able to create a new email address and then use it for iCloud while still being associated with your current/primary Apple ID. Hopefully, it'll work for you. (Fingers crossed...)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox