iOS 9.3 Beta 7 for Public is live

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwelch

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: 9.3 public beta is live!

Been ok for me so far... seeing reports of some users having issues with notifications on Watches with this beta and Watch os betas... but those were on developer betas.

All notifications have stopped for me....on public beta 4 and standard 2.1 on watch

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Been ok for me so far... seeing reports of some users having issues with notifications on Watches with this beta and Watch os betas... but those were on developer betas.

I'm having that issue as well. Nothing pushing to my watch. It's syncing data, but no alerts generated.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
9.3 public beta is live!

I'm having that issue as well. Nothing pushing to my watch. It's syncing data, but no alerts generated.

I unpaired the watch and re-paired it and notifications are back.

Edit: well kind of. Not sure now... I got texts but others not so much.

Last edited:

Alienware_51

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't have an Apple Watch, so I can't comment on that. However, I have been running PB 4 since 1:10pm today and this beta is solid. Beta 3 was not that good (Beta 2 was better IMO). I wouldn't hesitate to install Public Beta 4.

The time not displaying properly on the home screen that was present on Beta 3 has been fixed in Beta 4. Battery life seems good so far.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

The downside to Apple not releasing watch beta to public. It's just spotty. I have the watch beta and beta 4 for both works well together.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Not willing to deal with the Watch issues. Sticking with Beta 3 for now.

HuKaShI

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm not sure if anyone reported this but I seem to have a bug with adding a new contact from the messages app. If I get a message from someone that isn't currently in my contacts and I go to add them through the messages app, I get an infinite loop when trying to save the contact.

Can anyone reproduce this? Just have someone text you and make sure that person's I do is not in your contacts. Then in the message itself, add the new contact from there. When trying to save, mine just keeps looping back. However, after force quitting the messages app, upon checking contacts, the new contact is saved. The bad thing is having to force quit out of messages to return to the message itself.

iOSConvert2k14

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

My phone's battery is odd now on Beta 4. Usage and standby are the exact same even after closing all open apps and not using the phone for a few hours.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

My phone's battery is odd now on Beta 4. Usage and standby are the exact same even after closing all open apps and not using the phone for a few hours.

Mine did that yesterday too. I hard rebooted and then fully charged and it stopped doing it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Mine did that yesterday too. I hard rebooted and then fully charged and it stopped doing it.

I"m trying to get back to PB3, but mine was doing something similar before I realized Watch wasn't working (notifications). I usually don't worry about that until the next day since there's a lot that is going on with an update. Nobody reported any battery issues that I saw either so figured it was something to ride out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Beta 4 on my iPhone 6S Plus is rock solid. The only issue I've noticed, and it isn't a big deal to "me", is that I'm getting dual notifications. One on my Watch running watchOS 2.1 and the other on my iPhone while the screen is off. Usually, when the iPhone's display is off, notifications get sent to the Watch. Again, I don't consider that a big deal. Thus far, everything else is running fast and smoothly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
9.3 public beta is live!

Am I late to the party or what? I've never noticed the actual time periods that gets displayed in the battery settings when you tap on it. See the two screenshots to see what I'm referring to.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456317891.595928.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456317900.429917.jpg

Last edited:

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Same here with the watch not receiving notifications except for texts. Kind of defeats the purpose of owning the watch with this beta.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Same here with the watch not receiving notifications except for texts. Kind of defeats the purpose of owning the watch with this beta.

Agreed. Exactly why I hold off installing betas until after I hear user reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR