iOS 9.3 Beta 7 for Public is live

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: 9.3 public beta is live!

I've seen the indicator only one time since the update but my service is always at least 3 bars and full service at home.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
9.3 public beta is live!

I believe it switches to that when cellular service is poor to indicate you are calling on wifi.

In my experience that's not the case. When you're on wifi with wifi calling enabled it doesn't matter how strong or poor your cellular service is.
I could be wrong though!

cwelch

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

While the FAQ seems to be geared towards android devices, it appears Verizon will try and use the cellular network if available

From Verizon:
Once you set up Wi-Fi Calling, making Wi-Fi calls is as simple as making traditional voice calls. Calls will use the cellular network if available to provide you the most reliable experience. You can change the preferred network when roaming internationally. You will see a Wi-Fi Calling icon similar to this icon: when the call is over a Wi-Fi network.

Wi Fi Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Downloaded and installed iOS 9.3 Public Beta 3. No problems except for the status bar time bug.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Um no? The entire point of the beta is to collect feedback on issues. It's not so that you or I can "have a new OS to play with". Also, the point of releasing multiple consecutive versions of the beta is to refine it and fix bugs, then repeat the testing for more bugs.

Yes and as you fix bugs, it breaks other things. That has been the norm with betas. Eventually by the time is goes officially, most big issues are solved. Betas aren't meant for everybody.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Um no? The entire point of the beta is to collect feedback on issues. It's not so that you or I can "have a new OS to play with". Also, the point of releasing multiple consecutive versions of the beta is to refine it and fix bugs, then repeat the testing for more bugs.

Also for the people who are devs, we can see the release notes in Dev center. Many things were posted as fixed from previous beta. Many things fixed, one thing broke. Not too shabby if you ask me.

qmtc83

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

After downloading and installing I found some of my apps like Netflix and others are like kinda greeted out and when you tap on them they just say waiting and don't work and I also can't delete them.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

This happened to me the fist time unlocking my iPhone 6S after the update. Hasn't happened since. I just figured it was part of the finishing update process and booting, since it just finished an install to the OS. I guess I will keep an eye on it and if it happens again or a few times, I will do a restore and that probably will fix it.

Mine's done it even after multiple times. Just did a reboot and it still took a few seconds to appear.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

does everyone have the clock bug?

I do, but it tends to be random. Sometimes it appears straight away after unlocking, and other times it takes a few seconds to appear. Not a major problem, but it is still a bug.

As for News App articles opening from the suggested search screen, that works perfectly for me.

vincie76

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

Just in case anyone like me wonder how to turn sunset to sunrise setting for night shift I found it in location services -system setting-setting time zone must be on to have that option
f87de24e867272da6120eef2453ff0fa.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

While the FAQ seems to be geared towards android devices, it appears Verizon will try and use the cellular network if available

From Verizon:

Wi Fi Calling FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Thanks for the info! Very interesting. My Verizon service at home is pretty reliable so I don't know how much I'll actually utilize wifi calling but it's a nice backup if I'm in a weak signal area.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded the other day & my wifi seem slow to connect. I've rebooted a few times and there's still a delay. It's no biggie though. I also noticed the clock issue but that seems to be resolved by the reboot.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

I can't believe that beta 3 is still this buggy. 9.3 is by far the worst beta yet compared to other 9.x versions.

I did a clean install of 9.2.1 and I'm staying there. I am missing Night Shift, however.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

I can't believe that beta 3 is still this buggy. 9.3 is by far the worst beta yet compared to other 9.x versions.

I did a clean install of 9.2.1 and I'm staying there. I am missing Night Shift, however.

What? A beta development that fixes things at some releases and breaks others at other times? That's asinine. Who would think a beta process can break things and be even more buggier than previous releases?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Because the clock doesn't show?

The worst one for me was the one that drained my battery like crazy. Had to revert with that one. There have been some quirks so far otherwise can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative