iOS 9.3 Beta 7 for Public is live

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: 9.3 public beta is live!

The 9.3 public beta 3 also comes with a Verizon carrier settings update that turns on wifi calling...

Settings>> Phone>> Calls... toggle on Wi-Fi Calling - enter an emergency address and accept t&c - and you'll get wifi calling if you have low cell signal and are connected to wifi...

cwelch

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

News app is not working. Shows "no stories", "no favorites", the explore tab is blank, search is unavailable

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

Where are all of these bugs you guys are talking about here? Other than the obvious "clock" bug I've not seen any. If you ask me, all Apple has to do is fix the "clock" bug and this thing is ready to go.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Was that a response to my question? So you are saying that if you go all the way to the left, to open Spotlight Search and Spotlight News, if you click on an article listed in the Spotlight News, the news actually opens in Safari?

Yes. See the below screenshots.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455143690.324267.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455143702.408812.jpg

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Where are all of these bugs you guys are talking about here? Other than the obvious "clock" bug I've not seen any. If you ask me, all Apple has to do is fix the "clock" bug and this thing is ready to go.

Yes !!! I'm not seeing anything but the clock. This thing is smooth

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I just downloaded and installed the new public beta version. Yes, I see the clock issue. When you unlock the phone the clock doesn't show up at the top. How the heck did this escape quality control?

As for performance, it's a lot better than Beta 2. Beta 2 was a dog. It ran like hot crap on my iPhone 6 Plus, there was lag everywhere. Pulling the notification shade down resulted in lag in the user interface. Opening apps was also slower. Overall, Beta 2 was crap whereas Beta 3 is much better despite the bugs.

I submitted a bug report in the Feedback app.

This happened to me the fist time unlocking my iPhone 6S after the update. Hasn't happened since. I just figured it was part of the finishing update process and booting, since it just finished an install to the OS. I guess I will keep an eye on it and if it happens again or a few times, I will do a restore and that probably will fix it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I just noticed the clock bug myself after you said something, thankfully it came up but I agree, how this got past QC is beyond me.

It's a beta. They aren't worried about QC on betas. You try it at your own risk knowing there will be issues.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Anybody on Verizon noticing inconsistency with Wi-Fi calling? The indicator keeps disappearing/reappearing on my 6s Plus. Not sure if it's an iOS issue or a carrier issue though.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

It's a beta. They aren't worried about QC on betas. You try it at your own risk knowing there will be issues.
Um no? The entire point of the beta is to collect feedback on issues. It's not so that you or I can "have a new OS to play with". Also, the point of releasing multiple consecutive versions of the beta is to refine it and fix bugs, then repeat the testing for more bugs.

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Anybody on Verizon noticing inconsistency with Wi-Fi calling? The indicator keeps disappearing/reappearing on my 6s Plus. Not sure if it's an iOS issue or a carrier issue though.

What does your indicator show? I haven't tried to make a call yet on wifi.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

e446a370e01f158412c1136df48a6389.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics