iOS 9.3 Beta 7 for Public is live

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: 9.3 public beta is live!

Is it just me or did they change the font in the stock Mail app?
I could be completely wrong, but now that you mention it I did feel like there was something different about the stock mail app. Maybe they did change the font. Frankly, what I really want to see is an introduction off smart filing. I don't want to have to pick the folder where to file a given message every single time and have the system not remember anything about where I filed it the previous time. A lot of third-party clients have this ability.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

I'm still considering whether to run the betas. I don't think I'll be able to avoid the temptation when iOS 10 drops but having run the betas since iOS 7 it's nice to be on a non beta phone. You only enjoy a very short time after the OEM iOS is released until the next beta drops. I think I just got beta fatigue lol. Now hearing the talk about night shift and secure notes is really tempting me though.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Coming from over 4 years of Android I'm fairly tolerant of bugs in my phone software.

I've been on the beta program for my iPhone since 9.0 (maybe even 8.4, I can't remember) and the first two 9.3 betas were the roughest. It was so bad for me that I reverted to 9.2.1 release - something I've never done with past betas. When I say "bad", I mean the phone was still perfectly usable, it's just that there were just a bunch of small bugs and UI inconsistencies that added up and slowly annoyed me.

Maybe I'll jump on if there's a 3rd or 4th beta so I don't have to wait so long for Night Shift. The later betas are far more polished.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Coming from over 4 years of Android I'm fairly tolerant of bugs in my phone software.

I've been on the beta program for my iPhone since 9.0 (maybe even 8.4, I can't remember) and the first two 9.3 betas were the roughest. It was so bad for me that I reverted to 9.2.1 release - something I've never done with past betas. When I say "bad", I mean the phone was still perfectly usable, it's just that there were just a bunch of small bugs and UI inconsistencies that added up and slowly annoyed me.

Maybe I'll jump on if there's a 3rd or 4th beta so I don't have to wait so long for Night Shift. The later betas are far more polished.

Sorry to hear you're having problems, it's been smooth sailing for me on the 9.3 betas. hope it continues, anxious to try 10.0.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

That's one of the annoyances with beta testing. Generally if you're having a lot of issues that aren't being reported by others, then the next step would be to factory reset the phone and reinstall the beta (before any 3rd party apps) and then see if the issues persist. From my experience this is the best way to rule out file corruption caused by installing over the top of an OS that was not already a newly fresh install. I hope that made sense and I wasn't too wordy lol.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to hear you're having problems, it's been smooth sailing for me on the 9.3 betas. hope it continues, anxious to try 10.0.

That has been my experience as well. I think it was 9.2 that I had to revert back, because it was draining my battery like crazy. The next .x iteration came out and has been fine ever since.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I noticed that the "Wallpaper" short cut with 3d Touch disappeared from the Settings icon in this version.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Is there a public log (ie; what was removed and why, bugs fixed etc. etc. etc.) of beta updates somewhere?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

No problem here aside from Siri never understanding what I'm saying to her. Have you tried disabling and then reactivating Siri?

Yes, did that and still the same. Did all the reset I could think of. The only thing I haven't done is restoring the phone from factory settings. Already reported using feedback.

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Anyone having issues with Apple Music on the latest public beta? Just says loading when I'm train to stream the radio stations.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Is there a public log (ie; what was removed and why, bugs fixed etc. etc. etc.) of beta updates somewhere?

I've never seen a public log for iOS beta releases. My guess is because the public beta software is Apple confidential information.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

I'm excited to see the new features in action myself. I'm not going to load the beta on my current devices this time around, so I can't wait until the finished product comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.