iOS 9.3 Beta 7 for Public is live

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: 9.3 public beta is live!

Then how would that explain that my iPhone which has a cellular radio doesn't have the sunrise sunset option but my wifi only iPad mini has the sunrise sunset option.

Is your iPhone on 9.3 and it doesn't show sunrise sunset option? Do you have location services turned on? If not I don't know that it would stop it from showing though. Interesting.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Maybe you have disabled system specific location services in privacy settings? Especially the timezone setting (don't know if that is the correct wording in english) is mandatory to have the "automatic" option for Nightshift.

Regards.

Yes that was it. I have location services on but the time zone setting was off in privacy. I had read years ago it helps with battery life

meyer

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
9.3 public beta is live!

Anyone having issues with Reminders not showing up in Fantastical or any other calendar apps that have this capability?

Similar situation. I can input a single reminder, but not a repeating reminder. Pre-existing show up as well, but stop after the following month.

Something I just noticed is that a repeating reminder will not pop up until the task has been check for that day.

Example: I set a reminder to take a pill twice daily for 10 days. Before I would have seen that reminder flagged on my Fantastical calendar everyday for 10 days. Now it won't show up for the next day until I check it completed today.

I don't think it was that way before because I have a bi-weekly reminder for the trash/recyclable pickup so I don't forget what is supposed to be set out curbside. Before I could see it for months, now it doesn't.

Last edited:

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Similar situation. I can input a single reminder, but not a repeating reminder. Pre-existing show up as well, but stop after the following month.

Something I just noticed is that a repeating reminder will not pop up until the task has been check for that day.

Example: I set a reminder to take a pill twice daily for 10 days. Before I would have seen that reminder flagged on my Fantastical calendar everyday for 10 days. Now it won't show up for the next day until I check it completed today.

I don't think it was that way before because I have a bi-weekly reminder for the trash/recyclable pickup so I don't forget what is supposed to be set out curbside. Before I could see it for months, now it doesn't.

I had to roll back to 9.2 and now its all ok. However, now my iCloud backup is not working. :\

trifster

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

I had to abandon 9.3 Beta 1 after a day. It was a horrible disaster of battery life. The photos app got completely hosed and was keeping the phone in use 100% of the time. Battery went from full to dead in about 3 hours. Also it was grossly mis-behaving. i was videoing my daughter skiing with 40% battery and the phone just shut off and showed dead battery symbol. Anyone else have anything close to this issue? I'm on a 64GB iPhone 6s.

iOSConvert2k14

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

I had to abandon 9.3 Beta 1 after a day. It was a horrible disaster of battery life. The photos app got completely hosed and was keeping the phone in use 100% of the time. Battery went from full to dead in about 3 hours. Also it was grossly mis-behaving. i was videoing my daughter skiing with 40% battery and the phone just shut off and showed dead battery symbol. Anyone else have anything close to this issue? I'm on a 64GB iPhone 6s.

I'm wondering if this is what is happening to my 6s Plus. I recently updated to 9.3 beta and the photos all is running rogue to the point where I lost about 25% battery in a little under an hour.

iOSConvert2k14

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Regarding battery life...I think for those of us that are reporting huge drains, it may be the battery percentage display that is the issue, rathe than poor battery performance. I wanted to kill my iPhone completely to 0 and recharge to 100 to see if that changed anything but it stayed on 1% for a half hour! I plugged it into my Macbook to look at it's battery stats (using Coconut Battery) and it supposedly had -.07%!

Strange indeed.

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 7.17.46 PM.png

Photochris74

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Installed it on my 6s+ a few hours ago. Only issue I'm seeing is that Siri can't launch apps anymore. In fact, she can't even see them. Stock or otherwise.

iOSConvert2k14

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Installed it on my 6s+ a few hours ago. Only issue I'm seeing is that Siri can't launch apps anymore. In fact, she can't even see them. Stock or otherwise.

Odd. I just used the Hey Siri function while my 6s Plus is charging to open the Messages app. Have you tried a hard reset?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I just asked Siri to open the calendar app. It did. I then asked Siri to open the Slack app. It did. I'm using an iPhone 6S Plus. I installed iOS 9.3 beta 1 after doing a clean install of iOS 9.2. I didn't set up any accounts or install any apps until after 9.3 was installed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 101244
A few times. This is what I continue to get.

Siri immediately opened the Notes app for me when I asked it to. Anyway, in addition to what robertk328 stated, go to Settings→ General→ Spotlight Search, and then make sure the toggle next to "Notes" is enabled. Afterwards, try asking Siri to open the notes app for you.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Just had Siri open Notes, Fantastical and Spotify, no issues. She also played requested song from Apple music. She seems to be ok.

Photochris74

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

All the apps Siri says aren't installed all show up on a spotlight search. If I recall, had the same issue on my 6+ when I was running the PB of iOS 9 last year and cleared up the second I installed the GM. I'll try again once the next beta release comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.