When Will Photos Optimize Storage?
I recently took a couple of gigs of video on my iPhone 5s, and I was wondering when the phone would optimize the storage? Everything has already uploaded to iCloud, but it is all still sitting on my phone too. Will it wait until I am nearly out of space before deleting the local copies? Is there a way to force it to delete the local copies without losing the iCloud files?
- 12-24-2015, 01:36 PM #2
- 12-24-2015, 01:57 PM #3
- 12-24-2015, 03:21 PM #4
Re: When Will Photos Optimize Storage?
How much total storage vs how much available on your 5s?
There's a write-up here on iMore that you can find here:
How to save space on your Mac with 'optimized storage' and iCloud Photo Library | iMore
In essence, based on the article, iOS / iCloud will manage the storage for you. It may not work immediately as it's likely you'll want to view the photos, watch the videos, etc. As time goes on or as storage needs arise, it will manage the space in the background. I would imagine with a 64GB phone with more than half available it would leave full res on the phone, while a 16GB with 2GB full may upload quicker.
If you'd like there's another guide here:
How to use iCloud Photo Library: The ultimate guide | iMore
- 12-24-2015, 08:45 PM #6
- 12-24-2015, 08:46 PM #8
- By iMore Question in forum AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 01-07-2016, 08:33 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2015, 03:33 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 12-24-2015, 02:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-24-2015, 12:52 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2015, 06:17 AM