iOS 9.2 just released

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Do I have to do a restore on my phone first and then continue with the upgrade in iTunes later for a fresh install? Or upgrade it first and then restore?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded. Haven't noticed a single difference in performance. Wasn't having any issues prior to the upgrade aside from some occasional unresponsiveness on the keyboard. Could have been the user at times though.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't work this time around. I believe the last beta is exactly what they officially released yesterday. I also received a carrier update from TMobile right after I tried to update off the beta. So TMobile must have recognized the beta as the official release.

dpeters11

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone happened to try with a device on an old version (like 7.1.1)? A user was scheduled to come in so I could get his phone updated, and today happened to be the day. The update screen actually gave a download size of 1.2k and stuck on Preparing Update. I'm trying through iTunes now.

jfergus11

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
The build number for the last 9.2 beta (which I installed on my iPhone) and the final release (which I installed on my iPad Air 2, but not any of the betas) are the same: 13C75

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Did they remove swipe left/right functionality in Apple Music between Music library and Playlists? I used to be able to swipe left to get to Playlists and back right to get to Artists/Albums/etc. view.

No longer.

Anyone else?

viktor83

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I got the 9.2. but i can't seem to get the beta 4 to update. the download is complete. but it won't update.(Unable to install Update. An error occurred installing iOS 9.2 Public beta 4) And the 9.2 build i got is (13C5060d) Im confused!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you're just going to upgrade from a previous iOS version, simply connect your device to your computer and make a backup via iTunes FIRST! Afterwards, go ahead and select to update your current iOS version. You will not have to restore anything afterwards.

You can also opt to do an OTA update.

With that in mind, if you plan to set up your device as new, go ahead and create a backup first, then put your device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer and then select restore via iTunes. It will install a fresh copy of iOS 9.2.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW